• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 08:09:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 749
Total: 749

Gotta move the L144's..

Started by Mugwump, June 03, 2015, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and Albino fry tomorrow, i need the 2 1/2's for angel spawns....LOL....they're all about an inch+...they'll do fine in a 55 with small angel fry....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

How many L144s would you put in that 55?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 03, 2015, 07:09:44 PM

Probably all of them...it's a small spawn off a young first timer pair....about 20, or so....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 03, 2015, 07:56:09 PM

Probably all of them...it's a small spawn off a young first timer pair....about 20, or so....

I am looking to do something similar with some brown juvies. I need to move them into larger quarters.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 03, 2015, 08:03:32 PM

I am looking to do something similar with some brown juvies. I need to move them into larger quarters.

Dump em in....they grow great in larger tanks with fry.....just don't forget to feed em just like always....LOL...even tho the angel fry pick off a bunch of the smaller pellets before they sink...... ;D....when I feed, I throw/smack the pellets on the water top....they sink quicker.... 8)
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 03, 2015, 08:08:40 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on June 03, 2015, 08:03:32 PM

Dump em in....they grow great in larger tanks with fry.....just don't forget to feed em just like always....LOL...even tho the angel fry pick off a bunch of the smaller pellets before they sink...... ;D....when I feed, I throw/smack the pellets on the water top....they sink quicker.... 8)

You're right even tho my bn's eat everything they get their greedy mouths on I gotta make sure it gets down to the ground. Even then they have to compete with the greedy for the food on the ground.
Willie

ilroost

Got my first bristle nose finally. 4 red calico's about 2 inches long. They came with the half fishroom i bought

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 05, 2015, 12:05:41 AM
Got my first bristle nose finally. 4 red calico's about 2 inches long. They came with the half fishroom i bought

I hope there's a pair in there for you.....neat little critters.. ;D
Jon

ilroost

I do to. Really don't know much about them other than what i have read on here. He called them long finned red marble calico's. Told me they were kinda rare(i wouldn't know). My well water comes out of the tap at a ph of 8+. Is that to hard of water to hatch the eggs?

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on June 05, 2015, 01:06:07 PM
I do to. Really don't know much about them other than what i have read on here. He called them long finned red marble calico's. Told me they were kinda rare(i wouldn't know). My well water comes out of the tap at a ph of 8+. Is that to hard of water to hatch the eggs?

LOL...that crazy cross might be rare... ;D   sounds like 'lookers' tho......ideally they'd prefer softer water, but wait and see...??   you can always blend it, if you have to..
Jon

ilroost

Kinda fiqured they weren't to rare lol. He is a nice guy but likes to be a know it all. I will admit he knows more than i do but you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt