• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 08:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 770
Total: 770

HostGator Website Hosting

Started by BallAquatics, January 30, 2017, 06:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

For an on-line training promo and just to check-out the service, I set-up a website hosting account on HostGator.

I assumed, they would be like all the rest of the big hosting companies, (HostMonster, JustHost, etc.), and in many ways they are.  Unfortunately, I won't be recommending them to any clients in the near future.

It was a rocky start when their welcome email had a different IP address than the server running my site.  Then I had various access problems when using a basic WordPress set-up.  To top it all off, I spent over an hour trying to cancel the account yesterday afternoon.  The tech lady kept saying she was checking.....  and finally quit responding at all.  I feel sorry for folks that have a real problem if something as simple as canceling an account was this difficult! 

4:10:05 PM System Cassandra M has joined the chat!
4:11:26 PM Cassandra M Hello and Welcome to LiveChat. What can I assist you with today?
4:11:42 PM Dennis I'd like to cancel my account.
4:18:34 PM Dennis Hello... still there???
4:23:07 PM Cassandra M Thank you for waiting. I can take a look into this for you.
4:25:30 PM Cassandra M Thank you for verifying your identity.
4:25:48 PM Cassandra M What was the reason you wanted to cancel today?
4:26:42 PM Dennis Signed up for an on-line training promo. Really don't need another hosting account.
4:34:09 PM Cassandra M I am checking in to let you know I am still looking into this for you. Thank you for your patience.
4:34:35 PM Dennis Thanks...
4:42:48 PM Cassandra M Thank you so much for your patience! It is very appreciated and I will return soon with an update.
4:51:45 PM Dennis abc... xyz...
4:55:04 PM Cassandra M I am still currently looking into this for you. I just require a little more time, Thank you for your patience. I do
apologize for the wait.
4:56:23 PM Dennis Wow, I didn't know canceling an account was this involved.
5:06:20 PM Cassandra M Thank you for waiting. I am going to get you with one of our loyalty team to assist you. One moment.
5:06:50 PM Dennis Thank you.
5:18:34 PM Dennis This should make a great blog post... I've been on here for over an hour!
5:26:40 PM Dennis Hello... is there anybody in there???
5:32:19 PM Dennis This is unbelievable...

At least the tech lady this morning was able to cancel the account in about 5 minutes.  LOL 

Dennis

Mugwump

'West World'....."nothing can go wrong"..."nothing can go wrong"...."nothing can....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 30, 2017, 06:15:46 AM
For an on-line training promo and just to check-out the service, I set-up a website hosting account on HostGator.

I assumed, they would be like all the rest of the big hosting companies, (HostMonster, JustHost, etc.), and in many ways they are.  Unfortunately, I won't be recommending them to any clients in the near future.

It was a rocky start when their welcome email had a different IP address than the server running my site.  Then I had various access problems when using a basic WordPress set-up.  To top it all off, I spent over an hour trying to cancel the account yesterday afternoon.  The tech lady kept saying she was checking.....  and finally quit responding at all.  I feel sorry for folks that have a real problem if something as simple as canceling an account was this difficult! 

4:10:05 PM System Cassandra M has joined the chat!
4:11:26 PM Cassandra M Hello and Welcome to LiveChat. What can I assist you with today?
4:11:42 PM Dennis I'd like to cancel my account.
4:18:34 PM Dennis Hello... still there???
4:23:07 PM Cassandra M Thank you for waiting. I can take a look into this for you.
4:25:30 PM Cassandra M Thank you for verifying your identity.
4:25:48 PM Cassandra M What was the reason you wanted to cancel today?
4:26:42 PM Dennis Signed up for an on-line training promo. Really don't need another hosting account.
4:34:09 PM Cassandra M I am checking in to let you know I am still looking into this for you. Thank you for your patience.
4:34:35 PM Dennis Thanks...
4:42:48 PM Cassandra M Thank you so much for your patience! It is very appreciated and I will return soon with an update.
4:51:45 PM Dennis abc... xyz...
4:55:04 PM Cassandra M I am still currently looking into this for you. I just require a little more time, Thank you for your patience. I do
apologize for the wait.
4:56:23 PM Dennis Wow, I didn't know canceling an account was this involved.
5:06:20 PM Cassandra M Thank you for waiting. I am going to get you with one of our loyalty team to assist you. One moment.
5:06:50 PM Dennis Thank you.
5:18:34 PM Dennis This should make a great blog post... I've been on here for over an hour!
5:26:40 PM Dennis Hello... is there anybody in there???
5:32:19 PM Dennis This is unbelievable...

At least the tech lady this morning was able to cancel the account in about 5 minutes.  LOL 

Dennis

Wow that sucked!!!
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.