• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 12:38:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 540
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 540
Total: 540

A story about Persimmons

Started by LizStreithorst, October 27, 2016, 08:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have this lovely customer.  One year before Christmas she brought me stuff from her garden and I guess fruit that she much have purchased.   My eyes lit up when I saw persimmons!  They were big and they were beautiful.  They came from her own tree!!!!  She also likes bring me stuff from her garden during the warmer months, too.  May be she likes how my eyes light up when she asks if I like potato's or squash or green onions or what ever her garden has made.

This lady is 83 years old.  She always walks in carrying one of the dogs that she says is a Jack Russel.  I cage it and go to the car to haul in the dog's sister before she can get there.   The dogs are getting too heavy for her but she insists on doing it even though I have told her too toot when she pulls up huh 

My last old prospective old lady didn't pan out. (She has family)  This old lady, BTW her name is Mrs. Strickland, has only her husband.  Her husband can still get around but he's not well.  If I could hook up with Mrs. Strickland I think that it would be good for both of us.  I've offered to do things for her lots of times but nothing ever comes of it.  I need to figure out why.

Last week she brought the dogs and she asked if I was still in to persimmons.  Oh yeah I am!  When she came for the dogs she brought Persimmons.  Thank God it was a bad year for persimmons. 
She brought a bit less than 3 times that I could eat.  I ate one yesterday.  I had two ready to eat today but I couldn't eat two and by tomorrow they's have been to old to eat.  I made them into creamsicles!  I love my homemade creamsicles with fresh fruit.  I bet that I am the only one who has ever made persimmon creamsicles.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 27, 2016, 08:38:11 PM
I have this lovely customer.  One year before Christmas she brought me stuff from her garden and I guess fruit that she much have purchased.   My eyes lit up when I saw persimmons!  They were big and they were beautiful.  They came from her own tree!!!!  She also likes bring me stuff from her garden during the warmer months, too.  May be she likes how my eyes light up when she asks if I like potato's or squash or green onions or what ever her garden has made.

This lady is 83 years old.  She always walks in carrying one of the dogs that she says is a Jack Russel.  I cage it and go to the car to haul in the dog's sister before she can get there.   The dogs are getting too heavy for her but she insists on doing it even though I have told her too toot when she pulls up huh 

My last old prospective old lady didn't pan out. (She has family)  This old lady, BTW her name is Mrs. Strickland, has only her husband.  Her husband can still get around but he's not well.  If I could hook up with Mrs. Strickland I think that it would be good for both of us.  I've offered to do things for her lots of times but nothing ever comes of it.  I need to figure out why.

Last week she brought the dogs and she asked if I was still in to persimmons.  Oh yeah I am!  When she came for the dogs she brought Persimmons.  Thank God it was a bad year for persimmons. 
She brought a bit less than 3 times that I could eat.  I ate one yesterday.  I had two ready to eat today but I couldn't eat two and by tomorrow they's have been to old to eat.  I made them into creamsicles!  I love my homemade creamsicles with fresh fruit.  I bet that I am the only one who has ever made persimmon creamsicles.

...I was raised eating persimmon pudding with fresh made whipped cream on top.....my grandmother had persimmon trees too.... 

Yes, I'll bet that you might be the first, and only, person to ever make those into cremesicles..... and I'll bet they're good too...MMmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson