• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:27:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 878
Total: 878

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 17, 2016, 04:35:47 PM
Those look to be about 105mm

One of the sites my Uncle would visit in Vietnam was surrounded by 105's.  The system he went to calibrate would track incoming rounds and train the 105's in the right direction to return fire.

Dennis

It was our workhorse for back up....we even had them hauled to LZ's for support.....that and four deuce mortars....which were actually 2mm larger...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

That picture is beautiful.  It makes me yearn to get in Charlotte and drive and drive and drive and drive until I got lonely for home.  It would be good once in a while to get a taste  of freedom.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 18, 2016, 06:21:05 PM
That picture is beautiful.  It makes me yearn to get in Charlotte and drive and drive and drive and drive until I got lonely for home.  It would be good once in a while to get a taste  of freedom.

..have you ever driven across the country?....I've been privileged to have done it a bunch of times.....a couple times over and back on the old 66....we'd come over on southern 66, and return back on northern 66....the southern route was fun.....but the northern route rocks....Black Hills, Tetons, Yellowstone, Salt Lake, Reno, Lake Tahoe, veered over towards Sequoia National Park, Yosemite...then over down Pebble Beach, and comtinue down the coastal drive...101 El Camino Real.....  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have not been that blessed.  I've been to tons of countries but I have never had the opportunity to explore my own.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

The Long Room, Trinity College Library, Dublin. At nearly 65 meters in length (213 ft), it is filled with over 200,000 of the library?s oldest books.

Jon

Mugwump

Jon