• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 07:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 426
Total: 426

Foster parents

Started by JC, February 19, 2015, 12:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

So I had 3 spawns at the same time one pair parent raises the other two do not. They are all at wiggler stage and should free swim any day now. I was thinking of putting the two spawns I pulled with the parent raisers to see if they will raise them too. I will be able to tell the difference between the babies because one pair is double dose blue, one pair is half black blushers, and the parent raisers is a turquoise x manacapuru. What's your thoughts?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on February 19, 2015, 12:54:33 PM
So I had 3 spawns at the same time one pair parent raises the other two do not. They are all at wiggler stage and should free swim any day now. I was thinking of putting the two spawns I pulled with the parent raisers to see if they will raise them too. I will be able to tell the difference between the babies because one pair is double dose blue, one pair is half black blushers, and the parent raisers is a turquoise x manacapuru. What's your thoughts?

It has been done with adding one extra...done it here....I don't know about two extras tho??....you could try it and if havoc breaks out ..get em out quick....I think that your speaking of the Mana/turq pair tho.....I'd only try one with them...knowing their strong parenting / protecting modes....LOL....splash ya yet??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Yep I'm talking about the turq x mana pair. Nice they haven't splashed me yet they are very calm. Maybe it's because I have a jungle floating at the top of their water to keep it covered and shaded

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on February 19, 2015, 02:41:15 PM
Yep I'm talking about the turq x mana pair. Nice they haven't splashed me yet they are very calm. Maybe it's because I have a jungle floating at the top of their water to keep it covered and shaded

+1
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson