• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:47:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 763
Total: 763

Saturday stuff

Started by Mugwump, August 31, 2013, 07:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Well, storms are gone for now...there's many people in the area without power now. The high winds blew trees down, and even tore off a few roofs further east of here. Our loaded peach tree is now bent over for easier picking...Jan looked closer and no apparent broken limbs tho....cool
We got almost two inches of rain in a real short period, then it just rained lightly for a bit...most ran off because the ground was so hard. All in all, everything looks good, the trees and plants all look the better for the needed water.
    LOL...I should have left the car outside....would have been one helluva car wash  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Send some of that rain down here! It's so dry here i might have to haul water in for the well

Mugwump

Ouch!..that's dry....it was pretty dry up here too, the ground was starting to crack. I think most of that was the sun/heat over the last couple of weeks tho.....this year has been pretty good for rain, as a whole.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It's still raining here,.  The weather man has already been wrong this morning at least 3x about the rain.  Well the rain did bring another spawn, though not one that I want or need, LOL. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 31, 2013, 08:51:18 AM
It's still raining here,.  The weather man has already been wrong this morning at least 3x about the rain.  Well the rain did bring another spawn, though not one that I want or need, LOL. ;D

Yep, we had a few claps and some more rain too.....and hey, what's a few more fry..give or take....LOL
Jon

Barb

Send some of that rain down south, first we have way too much of it, now it is so hot, no rain in awhile, and the ground is bone dry again.  Flood or drought here this summer. :(
Barb

ilroost

Still praying for rain here