• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 05:02:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 850
Total: 850

Aquatic Snow Globe.....

Started by BallAquatics, November 13, 2014, 08:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

This 29 is one of the tanks I got from the old guy scaling down his fish room last fall.  I set it up to get it cleaned up and check for leaks.  Once I had that done, I filled it with rain water and was going to let it age, sort of for temporary storage.  Well, I dropped a HOT Mag on the tank and fired it up, but I had forgotten that it had last been running on one of my green water culture tanks.  Needless to say, it dumped the filter contents of green water into the tank.  I though oh well, I'll add just a few daphnia and when they have the water cleared up, I drop in some Devario acrostomus as they were in need of larger accommodations anyway.

I got involved with the rescue turtles and cleaning & resealing the old tank so when the daphnia had the water cleared up I though I'll give them some food and move the fish in a day or two.  I drained a couple of gallons and replaced it with some green water and when I walked by the tank today it happened to catch my eye.....

Dennis

ilroost

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks guys.  I was kind of mesmerized when I started watching it and thought it might make for a cool video.

Dennis

Mugwump

Would a black light pick them up???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That is cool. Certain groups of the daphnia capture the attention, a couple even did loop-de-loops. Then there are some tiny ones on the bottom that seem like they're just learning to "take flight".

Fun to watch...thanks for sharing it Dennis.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline.  Not sure what they'd look like under a black light Jon.....  Being filter feeders, I could soak some yeast in a fluorescent water based paint and then feed it to them.  Maybe red & green for the holidays.  LOL

Dennis

PaulineMi

Then you'd have to place a little tree in the tank.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)