• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:09:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 510
Total: 510

Heading to some....

Started by Ron Sower, May 22, 2016, 01:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Those 2 landscape photos got on here by accident....learning curve!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...very nice....seen your first 'haboob' yet ?....my brother speaks non to fondly of them down there.... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2016, 09:23:26 AM
...very nice....seen your first 'haboob' yet ?....my brother speaks non to fondly of them down there.... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

No. Just some dust devils. We're told there aren't many of those storms in this area. Best I know to do is to batten down and close everything up...[emoji1]

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 30, 2016, 09:28:10 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2016, 09:23:26 AM

No. Just some dust devils. We're told there aren't many of those storms in this area. Best I know to do is to batten down and close everything up...[emoji1]

Where does your brother live?

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...Yep.....Jeff says they aren't that frequent, but truly an interesting phenomena when they do pop up around there...

..they are over near Scottsdale....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2016, 09:36:07 AM
...Yep.....Jeff says they aren't that frequent, but truly an interesting phenomena when they do pop up around there...

Is he an aquarist? Might have to connect with him!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 30, 2016, 09:37:54 AM

...no he's not into fish....they travel back to Boston frequently, and over to Memphis too,....to visit their kids, and G'kids...but they love it out there....

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2016, 09:52:06 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 30, 2016, 09:37:54 AM

...no he's not into fish....they travel back to Boston frequently, and over to Memphis too,....to visit their kids, and G'kids...but they love it out there....
I think we're going to love it. Already thinking about making here our home and traveling back to Seattle to visit family for a couple months a year.

The sunshine is fricking great to wake up to every morning! I'm figuring aquarium logistics

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GeorgeG

Enjoy it Ron sunrise right now is arounf 5:00 AM or at least daylight. Going to be a nice 111degrees this week and it's already 80 so out to the garage to clean my tank.

Ron Sower

Quote from: GeorgeG on May 30, 2016, 10:56:51 AM
Enjoy it Ron sunrise right now is arounf 5:00 AM or at least daylight. Going to be a nice 111degrees this week and it's alradt 80 so out to the garcage to clean my tank.
Yes, George, we are enjoying it. We're glad it's going to get hotter this week so we can see what it's like. So far, it's been grand while in the 90s.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

George, Looks like we're going to get an idea of what summer Temps are like here before we go home. Going to get to 102? today I guess. Later in the week, up to 112?. Still enjoying the sun, though.
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 30, 2016, 11:00:14 AM
Enjoy it Ron sunrise right now is arounf 5:00 AM or at least daylight. Going to be a nice 111degrees this week and it's alradt 80 so out to the garcage to clean my tank.
Yes, George, we are enjoying it. We're glad it's going to get hotter this week so we can see what it's like. So far, it's been grand while in the 90s.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Ok. So I'm learning about siestas now!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 06, 2016, 05:23:21 PM

Ok. So I'm learning about siestas now!

...got a big sombrero yet??
Jon

GeorgeG

I hope you made it through our 116 temp last week. Now it's cooling off to 105 later this week.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on June 07, 2016, 08:20:26 PM
I hope you made it through our 116 temp last week. Now it's cooling off to 105 later this week.

...you have date shakes out there?....we had roadside stands along the beach highway...and down around Palm Springs, in California...

..wonderful heat breakers... |^|
Jon