• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:06:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 735
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 727
Total: 727

Emergency Mouse!!!

Started by LizStreithorst, October 23, 2015, 05:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've been home 2 hours and just remembered...Charlotte has a mouse :o :o :o  I saw it this morning.  I was driving to work.  There was movement on the passenger side floor and saw a fat body attached to a long tail run under the seat.  All I could think was, "I hope I don't wreck if the big fat ba$tard runs up my britches leg.  Going out to set a trap in my poor, dear, long suffering faithful Charlotte.  My poor girl has mice :(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I had a couple of them in my Jeep, when we lived out on the farmette years ago.....got in one early winter morn'n, turned on the defrost and it blew insulation up in my face and all over the cabin...just like a blizzard....AAAaaaaaHHhhhhhhhhh......I finally got em out, but still had traces of litter flying for about the whole winter....the little B's.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I worry more about her wiring.  They'll eat the insulation off it, you know.  I'm sure that's what happened to my clothes dryer.  It was only a year old when it quit. It runs but doesn't get hot.  It's too young for the heating element to have died.  I can't help but believe meese had a hand in it.  I don't want to try to fix it myself because I am appliance stupid and know that if I try I will fail.

I know that meese will be meese BUT that fat mouse does harm to Charlotte I will find it hard to forgive all mice.

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on October 23, 2015, 05:38:17 PM
I had a couple of them in my Jeep, when we lived out on the farmette years ago.....got in one early winter morn'n, turned on the defrost and it blew insulation up in my face and all over the cabin...just like a blizzard....AAAaaaaaHHhhhhhhhhh......I finally got em out, but still had traces of litter flying for about the whole winter....the little B's.......

It happened to me the same way a few years ago. It was our PT Cruiser. Got the mouse in a trap set between the seats the next day. No more problem. I always wondered where he chewed his way in, but everything in the car still worked.

LizStreithorst

My Captain, surely you didn't pay money for a PT Cruiser?  It's my least favorite automobile.

Rjb3

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 23, 2015, 08:11:20 PM
My Captain, surely you didn't pay money for a PT Cruiser?  It's my least favorite automobile.

Yup. I sure did. It was the turbo model when they first came out. Had her flamed in the Dupont multi color paint that changed color as you looked at it from different angles. We also had the 40 Ford grille in her. I wish I had a picture of her. She was named Louise.

After that we had a red 2005 Mustang GT. At the drag strip she'd do 14.40 at 97 MPH. Not bad for a 3600 pounder. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since I was at the strip.

We have a Fiat 500 Pop now. What do you think of those? 44 MPG, WOW!

And, of course, the big old bad hemi Dodge 4X4 soon to be traded for a more fuel efficient Nissan NV200 to make Gale's flower business run smoother.