• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 760
Total: 760

Cold Tuesday Day

Started by wsantia1, December 21, 2021, 07:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. This day started off at a cold 24 degrees. We are up to 28F now and will climb to a high temp of 45 degrees with plenty of sunshine this afternoon. Luckily for us there is little to no wind.

I have a lot of running around today starting with getting a haircut. I have to get a few gift cards from Macy's and pick up some dog food before I head back home. It doesn't sound like much but none of the places I have to go to are close to each other.

Wishing you all a great day.

Thanks Liz and Ron for catching my error.  mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who looses track of days.  It's Tuesday, Willie.

It's a chilly overcast humid day today.  It rained overnight.  The temp is 42 here.  Willie, I had no idea that Delaware had so much cold weather.  You must be suffering.  I sure would be.

Rest is the best cure for back pain (other than drugs).  I didn't go to the pet store yesterday.  I'll go today.  They open at 10.

Something is going on with the electricity in my fish room.  I walked down first thing this morning to check on the chicks.  Everything was fine.  I had my coffee and went down to feed the fish and the breaker had tripped that controls one of the 4 walls and fluorescents on the ceiling.  I unplugged everything on the circuit and the breaker still trips.  It must be in the overheads.  There's nothing I can do about that cause I can't work overhead.  I got a couple of heavy cords and plugged everything that was out into them so all is good.  I can see quite well with the tank lights only.  I'm hoping it's too much humidity in the fish room doing it.  I had the dehumidifier set to 60 percent and bumped it up to 50 percent.  I doubt that it will work but it's my only hope.  I hate to have to call in a electrician.

Otherwise everything is great.  I'm looking forward to more work in the fishroom today and moving my juvie Discus to a clean tank.

What's up with you, Barb and Ron?  Fun stuff I hope.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello...I also caught the Hump Day error, Willie!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  My Mom used to say we don't need to rush our lives away...the days go by fast enough anyway!...don't they though!

It's chilly this morning...75 and overcast...rain is moving into the area and we may get some in the next few days...the mountains may have a white Xmas ...

I want to use Barb's caves in my Apisto tank...got any more of these, Barb? ...I'm having a hard time figuring where to put the tank in my fishroom...I may have to convert an already established 20L over...

Speaking of setting up tanks...when I got the algae covered 75g in the game room all cleaned up, I could see the hundreds of scratches in the glass...not gonna work for me as a show tank...I posted it on our FB page and had a buyer contact me within 2 minutes...he picked it up within 2 hours!...and now I have more hobby money!!!  ;D

And today I go to my aquarium maintenance job...more hobby money!... I need to replace the 75g and I think I'll go with a new one instead of used...

I guess it's time for me to get my day going...y'all have a great one and happy aquariuming,,, |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 21, 2021, 10:38:57 AM
Hello...I also caught the Hump Day error, Willie!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  My Mom used to say we don't need to rush our lives away...the days go by fast enough anyway!...don't they though!

It's chilly this morning...75 and overcast...rain is moving into the area and we may get some in the next few days...the mountains may have a white Xmas ...

I want to use Barb's caves in my Apisto tank...got any more of these, Barb? ...I'm having a hard time figuring where to put the tank in my fishroom...I may have to convert an already established 20L over...

Speaking of setting up tanks...when I got the algae covered 75g in the game room all cleaned up, I could see the hundreds of scratches in the glass...not gonna work for me as a show tank...I posted it on our FB page and had a buyer contact me within 2 minutes...he picked it up within 2 hours!...and now I have more hobby money!!!  ;D

And today I go to my aquarium maintenance job...more hobby money!... I need to replace the 75g and I think I'll go with a new one instead of used...

I guess it's time for me to get my day going...y'all have a great one and happy aquariuming,,, |^|

Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 21, 2021, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 21, 2021, 10:38:57 AM

...just trying to save you a day more in your life!!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi everybody, it is cold here too.  Just 40 now at 2 pm.  But it should be cold, today it is Winter!  I have a pot of veg/beef soup on the stove, starting to smell really good.  I am taking some to neighbors in a few hours instead of my usual sweet treats like baked goods and candy.  No more of that for me.  Good luck with your shopping Willie, your electricity issue Liz and Ron I will go look at my pottery stash in my garage a bit later.  I think I have several, will let you know in a pm later.  You all enjoy your days!
Barb

LizStreithorst

I got all my stuff at the pet store and wanted to pay because I have the cash but it turned out that i had a $283. credit with them!  I don't keep up my account with them.  They do.  When I don't need to have money in my pocket when I take them fish I tell them to put it in the bank.  They are as honest as I am.  I got $100. worth of stuff (they charge me their wholesale price) and still have an $$80 in the bank with them. Twee and I had a lovely long chat.  We both confided things to one another.  This is sure a rare relationship between a business owner and a customer.  I value it.

Back in November my favorite grooming customer with my favorite dog gave me a big bag with a gift and told me that I couldn't open it until Christmas.  Then she said that I could open it after Dec. 1.  I looked at it and yearned but didn't touch it.  I almost opened it on my birthday, but remained strong.  I opened it last night.  It was full of all sorts of lovely gifts all of which I can use.  I looked very stylish in the tights she gave me.  I looked in the mirror and realized that accept for the fact that I'm bent I have a great figure.  I was amazed.  There were a bunch of other high quality things in that bag.  I spent a long time on the phone talking to her this morning and thanking her and thanking her again.

I took all the bulbs out of what should be the first of the two fishroom fluorescents in line.  I reset the breaker and it tripped.  Then I waited an hour, reset the breaker and the one 4 bulb fluorescent is still working.  I'm going to have to call the certified contractors who answer people's question because this is a mystery to me. I'll put the 4 bulbs back in the first fixture tomorrow and see what happens.

That's all folks.  Lunch now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 21, 2021, 09:12:08 AM
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who looses track of days.  It's Tuesday, Willie.

It's a chilly overcast humid day today.  It rained overnight.  The temp is 42 here.  Willie, I had no idea that Delaware had so much cold weather.  You must be suffering.  I sure would be.

Rest is the best cure for back pain (other than drugs).  I didn't go to the pet store yesterday.  I'll go today.  They open at 10.

Something is going on with the electricity in my fish room.  I walked down first thing this morning to check on the chicks.  Everything was fine.  I had my coffee and went down to feed the fish and the breaker had tripped that controls one of the 4 walls and fluorescents on the ceiling.  I unplugged everything on the circuit and the breaker still trips.  It must be in the overheads.  There's nothing I can do about that cause I can't work overhead.  I got a couple of heavy cords and plugged everything that was out into them so all is good.  I can see quite well with the tank lights only.  I'm hoping it's too much humidity in the fish room doing it.  I had the dehumidifier set to 60 percent and bumped it up to 50 percent.  I doubt that it will work but it's my only hope.  I hate to have to call in a electrician.

Otherwise everything is great.  I'm looking forward to more work in the fishroom today and moving my juvie Discus to a clean tank.

What's up with you, Barb and Ron?  Fun stuff I hope.

Liz it usually doesn't get too cold here. This year is weird. We hit 70 degrees just last week. The coldest I have ever been was those 8 years that I lived in the Chicago area. I could never get used to that kind of cold. huh
Willie