• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:16:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 770
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 756
Total: 757

Cloudy and Windy Sunday

Started by wsantia1, December 19, 2021, 08:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We got more rain overnight but with it came a cold front featuring steady 20 mph winds. It is currently 40 degrees and we will top out at 42F so this is as good as it's going to get.

Made some fish trades yesterday and I picked up some Endlers and fancy guppies. I was told that the Endlers that I got were "Twin Bar" Endlers. Is that a thing?

Sadly a trio of the fancy guppies didn't make it overnight. I think they got killed by my Golden Eyed Dwarf cichlids. The rest of the guppies were spread out among other tanks and they are all doing well.

I've been feeling better the last couple of days but I know enough now not to push things so I won't. I have to do some traveling in a couple of days and I want to be in as good a shape a possible.

Wishing you all a great Sunday.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello my friendly Muggers....

Yesterday was a work day for me...I went down to Florence and painted the woodwork in one of our 2 rentals we still have...a friend from the club came to help which made it go faster....

Last night we went to the cowboy bar/grill we had been to recently...this time we went before the band started so we could talk!...

I just looked at my calendar and there is nothing scheduled for today...!!, |^|. How did that ever happen? 8) 8) 8).  Lucy's gonna do some card crafting, and I guess I'll putz in the fishroom...I should do a WC on the 125 that I didn't do yesterday...or, if I want more work, I can clean up the other 75g sitting in the game room and get it going.... So many options!!!... ;D

Glad you're getting into a good zone, Liz....now maintain the the good juju...!

Make it a great day you guys...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's a cold humid overcast miserable day today but I'm still cheerful huh  I moved the big Discus pair to their clean breeding tank.  They're quite happy there as I'd hoped.  I sure am going through a lot of Seachem Stability.  I sterilized 6 sponge filters and but I need to leave them to dry out totally before I can use them.

I really need to clean this filthy house cause I have a dog coming tomorrow for grooming.  He's not bringing Pepper till 11 o'clock so I can put a lot off until morning since I just can't get in the mood today.  April, my closest neighbor brought my electric blanket to me.  I wondered if it had been delivered there.  A new driver wouldn't know that there is a house past where the paved road ends. 

April is a chicken friend as well as a neighbor.  Her husband Shawn it the one who helps me with work that if I do will hurt me or is impossible for me to do but must be done.  They are annoyed by another new neighbors who bought the house up the road.  I am too.  Jack and Judy are too since the new neighbor's dogs break into the garbage.  I'm annoyed for the same reason.  I thought that my dogs would be a problem for them because they go out into the pasture at night and bark forever at nothing.  But I know that would be a problem for them and I have managed to teach them not to bark at nothing at night when they go outside.  I just did it by yelling at them and calling them and praising them when they get into bed with me.  It's a training method that I didn't even know was a training method but works.  I'll have to keep it up though.  I know that it's hard for dogs not to do something that comes so naturally to them.

Well, my guilt is getting to me.  I think I'll go clean the kitchen while I reheat my leftovers from yesterday.  I made chicken from my left over roast chicken.  I sautéed some mushrooms and onions in butter, added 2 cloves 0f minced garlic.  When everything started smelling good I toss in half a block of cream cheese and a couple of big gulps of chicken stock.  When it makes a sauce I throw in my cooked chicken , cover it and let it warm up for a few minutes.  I had it over rice but I bet it would be good over noodles.  The sauce is reminiscent of the sauce of Stroganoff.  In fact, I think that with a little tweaking it would make an easy but tasty Stroganoff.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good evening everybody, today has been a real weather shocker.  After a few days of warm sunny days, in just a few hours it turned very cold, pouring rain (much needed) and windy.  I even had things blowing into my pond.  It is 40 now, this time 24 hrs ago it was 70!  But all is well here inside.  Hope you all had a good day and I will see you here tomorrow.
Barb