• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 833
Total: 834

Hello Friday

Started by wsantia1, December 10, 2021, 09:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good Friday morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. It's going to be a mostly cloudy day around here with the temp getting up to around 50 degrees. Tomorrow is the day to watch with the temp climbing up to 70 but with rain coming in late in the day to spoil the fun.

I am in the fishroom at the moment getting ready to start my water changes. I will not pick up any buckets with water in them because that's how I end up hurting myself the most. I also pulled an oblique muscle on my right side from picking up buckets last week and it is still bothering me today.

I got the results of my blood work yesterday and for the most part I very pleased. I am usually interested in my liver and kidney results but I also have to pay attention to cholesterol. All of my readings were good except for my good cholesterol.

I guess I have to focus on eating lots of salmon, nuts and avocados to get that number back in range. At least my bad and total cholesterol numbers are good.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning/afternoon everyone!...

yesterday was one of those busy days from the start...pulling the plant order, then going to pick up about 100 Colombian Ramshorn Snails, taking more pkgs to UPS, finishing the plant pulling, placing an order for more plants, decorating the tree, and setting up our Xmas village with lights....whew...I'm tired just writing that!!! :D :D :D

Maybe today will be a little easier...although he's going to come by to get a few more plants to ship....we'll stop shipping on the 17th until after Jan 1 because of postal slowdowns...

They cart parade was postponed til Monday because rain was in the forecast...we ended up with .23" last night...not the 2.0" you got, Barb, but it came in torrents...today is still 🌥 and highs in upper50s...my thermometer shows 60 right now so that might be as good as it gets today...

You folks have a great day and take care of your backs!..😁
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Got my water changes done and that's it for me in the working department. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I was in town just yesterday and forgot to pick  up my Tramadol at the drug store so I went in early and got that done.  I'm changing water on the last tank, a 125 right now.  The house tanks only get WC once a week so I do 80% on them.

I didn't get my fish room tanks Cloroxed yesterday but I did drain them.  2 100's, a 60 wide, a 40 cube, a 10 and 2 5's.  That will be my next job once I finish with this WC.  Thank God it only takes a wipe down with a 10% solution.  Still, I might need another gallon of Clorox to sterilize the bulky Matten filters.  I think I'll put on my Crocks and walk all over them while running the hose to get all the crud out before I soak the darned things.  From now on I will only use these in shrimp tanks.  Cleaning them, especially killing the black hair algae growing on them is too much of a PITS.

It turns pit that the weather man did not lie about today.  If it hits 81 as predicted it will be a new record here.  I'm in shorts and a T shirt.  It's great!  Would you believe that Sunday they say it will drop to 33.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi folks, here I am late again as usual.  Seems I am doing most of my online stuff after dinner these days.  Hope you all had good and busy day today, but not too busy.  And no work that brings pain, OK?  I have done some good tank work lately, they are all looking good.  But still dealing with snails.  Those little buggers are tough.  The Assassins are busy eating.

I have a busy day tomorrow, selling holiday greenery arrangements at the farmer's market, that my club made today.  Sunday I am traveling to see my kids. Taking gifts too.  Hope you all have a good weekend and tell us what all you have going on.  Hopefully none of you are in the bad weather going across the country now.
Barb