• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 02:21:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,339
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 915
  • Online ever: 915
  • (Today at 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 556
Total: 556

We made it to Monday

Started by Barb, April 20, 2020, 08:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning all.  So far so good this morning, rainy but no wind, and the worst of the storm is north and southeast of us, hoping it stays away from here.  Liz, hope you are OK?  Remember, no Wizard of Oz moments.  How are the rest of you?
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm just fine, Barb.  Some of the dogs were nutso last night.  Tink panting and shaking like a leaf as always, Bruno who is my best buddy resting his head on my arm as we sleep ALWAYS hid under the bed!  I was surprised with his reaction.  We had a bit of thunder, lightning and heavy rain in the wee hours but no destructive winds at all. 

The back is feeling pretty good this morning.  They say the sun will come out today which will be most welcome.  I'll go for another load of that ugly red mulch this morning, later I'll be shipping your box.  Hope Bill is feeling better and you are able to get in to the doctor with him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Liz and all. All is well except I'm dealing with a crown that came loose during dinner last night.

I called the dentist this morning and of course they are closed until May 1 at the earliest. I left a message as requested detailing the nature of my problem and hopefully they will respond.

In my neck of the woods it is currently 55 degrees with a sprinkle of rain. We are supposed to have showers this morning but I haven't seen anything that I would classify as a real shower.

I need to pick up supplies like non-iodized salt for my BBS production otherwise not much on the agenda.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, you're not the only one with a missing crown.  Hope that unlike me, you were able to find yours.  Mine is in the front.  I have another missing tooth in the front for which my partial is in, but I can't go to pick it up.  I wish my masks would come in so I can smile again without looking hideous.  At least none of my animals judge me.  They could care less that I look hideous.

Just got back from the nursery with my mulch and a bunch of plants.  I still have phlox to move, but they are all so hard to dig because they're growing underneath the metal fence and are attached to the plants on the inside of the fence where they belong.  That hard digging wears my back out too much.

Ron Sower

Good Morning here and good afternoon there, you guys...

...weather here in Apache Junction....71 now>>>>>>83 later & sunny with 11% humidity today...no serious new pains for me today....just the same ol' -same ol'...especially after digging and planting yesterday...

...Barb, hope Bill is doing better today and you got some good rest last night...

...today i'll be paying bills and then I'll be heading down to the Florence to check on the rentals that are now empty...and I'll be taking some pics to use to set up a couple adds to rent them next year...We're going to try to rent at lease one of the 2 that we have left to year-round tenants...

...knock on wood....no more leaking connections with the cichlid tank...might put the gold severums in it when I get home later...

...chat with you guys later...bye for now...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It has been an excellent day for me.  I planted the plants I bought, went to the bank for money (still nothing from the government), drove to Pendorf to the tienda for ingredients for dinner tomorrow, buy 3 tacos de pastore for today, came home ate lunch/dinner and now I'm ready for my before WC nap.

Barb

Hi everybody, doing OK here today.  Bill feels better, he is getting a new reclining power lift chair tomorrow, so he is looking forward to that.  And I am looking forward to some blue shrimp soon!  Pets, not to eat.  All my angels and discus are doing great.  The Koi angels from Jon are so pretty, I have 9, and I think of Jon a lot when I look at or work on that tank.  I will take a pic of it to show you all one of these days.  Do any of you have some of these Koi, maybe Willie?
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on April 20, 2020, 04:20:45 PM
Hi everybody, doing OK here today.  Bill feels better, he is getting a new reclining power lift chair tomorrow, so he is looking forward to that.  And I am looking forward to some blue shrimp soon!  Pets, not to eat.  All my angels and discus are doing great.  The Koi angels from Jon are so pretty, I have 9, and I think of Jon a lot when I look at or work on that tank.  I will take a pic of it to show you all one of these days. Do any of you have some of these Koi, maybe Willie?
Barb

I do have a couple of these Koi left Barb. Unfortunately we had a shipping mishap and only 4 out of a dozen I got initially survived the trip. Out of those only 2 still survive but they are doing well and growing fast. I am hoping to breed them into my existing Koi.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 20, 2020, 10:12:50 AM
Willie, you're not the only one with a missing crown.  Hope that unlike me, you were able to find yours.  Mine is in the front.  I have another missing tooth in the front for which my partial is in, but I can't go to pick it up.  I wish my masks would come in so I can smile again without looking hideous.  At least none of my animals judge me.  They could care less that I look hideous.

Just got back from the nursery with my mulch and a bunch of plants.  I still have phlox to move, but they are all so hard to dig because they're growing underneath the metal fence and are attached to the plants on the inside of the fence where they belong.  That hard digging wears my back out too much.

Yes Liz I have mine. The dentist told me to glue it back in with some glue from the drug store but I am just going to leave it out until they start working again. With my luck I would probably swallow the crown if it came loose again. It is not a visible tooth.
Willie