• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 06:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 568
Total: 568

Any weekend plans??

Started by Mugwump, January 23, 2015, 07:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Thanks Pauline and Jon!  Yep, slow and steady.  Just offered my soon to be empty 125 to our LFS, he will pick it up when I call him.  FREE tank for his shop.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 24, 2015, 12:48:11 PM
Thanks Pauline and Jon!  Yep, slow and steady.  Just offered my soon to be empty 125 to our LFS, he will pick it up when I call him.  FREE tank for his shop.
Barb

....store credit on a few supplies???.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Naw, just said he could have it.  He is the one I gave my 6 Koi to, that went to a local med. center pond.  His LFS struggles since Pet Smart opened right across the street from him, a few years ago.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 24, 2015, 12:57:11 PM
Naw, just said he could have it.  He is the one I gave my 6 Koi to, that went to a local med. center pond.  His LFS struggles since Pet Smart opened right across the street from him, a few years ago.
Barb

Kudos, Barb....for helping the independent smaller stores survive....I miss ours....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

I work all weekend but should get next weekend off even though it's my rotation to work since I'll be traveling to Orlando for a work meeting and will need other days off

LizStreithorst

I got rid of a bunch of fish, most for real cheap, but it made tank space.  I had too many fry from the pair that belongs to the Josh that is not our Josh in a 60 wide that I was able to move to a 120.  I was able to divide the HB adults into 2 100's.  15 fish in each tank isn't bad.  I'll just change more water.

My weekend is part of Saturday, all of Sunday and all of Monday. The son of this totally PITA 83 year old woman who I visit came to the shop today and told me that she had fallen, broken her leg and was in the hospital.  I'll go see her tomorrow.  She's in a recovery place after her surgery that's only about 45 minutes from here.  Monday I will be on a mission to find out why I can't down load pics from my camera to my computer.  There are 3 possibilities.  I'm hoping that the least expensive thing (the card reader) has gone bad.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....cord??.....wiggle it..... ;D....contacts may be loose....?
Jon

LizStreithorst

No no no.  I already know that the plug in thing to the USB to the computer doesn't work.  I wiggled for weeks before it gave up the ghost.  That's why I got the card reader.

I think that what is wrong now is either the card reader or the card iteslf.  I'll find out Monday.  What I really need is a good reconditioned camera body and perhaps a new card.  It's on my list, but I prefer to make what I have now work if I can.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

I worked with a new client today. We'll list her house next month.

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a 75g setup with a canopy and stand. If it's not scratched i'm gonna buy it. The stand and canopy are natural oak. I'll be strip and stain or paint it black or coffee color.

Barb...good luck with the upcoming move.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I've noticed quite a few used 75 setups on the market lately....canopy's and all....saw one with a sump too the other day......and one in chrome  ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

I lied to you all..... But it was an accident. It's a 65g, with the same footprint as a 75g. I want it becausev it's shorter by 2", and I can get more light to the surface of the substrate for my plants.

And yes, I've noticed several 75s listed in CL lately. That is a nice sized tank.

I'll be on my way in about 30 mins.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I hope it's what you're looking for....it sounds very nice... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Ron...did plans with Ducky get put on the back burner?  A 65 with a canopy, et al....nice!  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Well, to answer your question, Pauline, now is not the time for me to get to working on Ducky due to the rain.  I will get into it soon I guess.

Mugs, it was what I wanted. Some minor scratches in the lower section that will be mostly covered by substrate, solid oak stand and matching canopy. The canopy was constructed by the owner who was a plant enthusiast and a former Phillips lighting sales rep. Needless to say he rigged the canopy well for growing plants...AND...he included about 3 dozen flo tubes with different Kelvin temps for great spectrum. Miss Lucy has been working on some refinishing projects and she has been researching several finishes that can be applied without complete stripping. We're going to stain it a Java or chocolate brown to match other furniture it will be near.

Anyway, I got the setup for $150, and I was happy with that.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I'm sure that it will be a fantastic set up when you're finished with it...take pics of before, and after....
Jon