• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 03:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

Quick roadie....

Started by Mugwump, January 17, 2015, 11:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..just got back from running some L144's out to Alex, we meet about half way......always nice to see him again....not a bad ride either, tunes and a cup of coffee....plus, I got gas for $1.61/gal......gotta love that.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I can't believe that gas is cheaper up your way than it is down here close to the pumping and refining places.  Go figure...?Alex will enjoy the snots.  I know that I love mine.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

1.61?  Wow, I was happy to see 1.98 in a few places around here.
Barb

Mugwump

It was $1.80 here in town...and $1.78 out in the QC area....smack in between is Dixon....weird.....I have a Road Ranger member discount card that gets me a nickle off at the pump....it's link to our bank.....so $1.66/gal less my nickle gets me the prize....LOL.....too bad it's about 40 miles away....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

nix70c

http://imgur.com/fXFEyG8

Thanks for the fish Jon, got them settled in this morning and gave them a snack. I've been alternating between water changes and breaking up ice dams up on the roof all day.

I thought real hard about filling up the truck, figured the price would be cheaper by the time I got back to Iowa. Still $1.79, go figure. I can't remember a time gas was cheaper in Illinois than Iowa.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 17, 2015, 05:24:52 PM
I can't believe that gas is cheaper up your way than it is down here close to the pumping and refining places.  Go figure...?Alex will enjoy the snots.  I know that I love mine.

Probably the same reason seafood is always more expensive at the shore. <<sigh>>
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Just an example. You may have higher taxes. Where I am we have the highest fuel tax in the area. And the highest electric rates in the state.

We've got a few stations at $1.83/gallon but many other stations in the same county 10-15 cents higher.  A station I go to after the aquarium society meeting was consistently lower than station close to work. Now they are more. Hard to figure what is going on. Everything is a askew.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

...Around here, I swear, they price by driving around and seeing what the other stations prices are...but RR is the cheapest all the time...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 18, 2015, 06:50:23 AM
...Around here, I swear, they price by driving around and seeing what the other stations prices are...but RR is the cheapest all the time...

I know when I lived in Illinois they had some of the highest gas prices in the country. ::) At times even higher than NYC when I was traveling back and forth. :o Now Illinois is cheaper than Delaware where it was 2.03 yesterday. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: nix70c on January 17, 2015, 09:43:34 PM
http://imgur.com/fXFEyG8

Thanks for the fish Jon, got them settled in this morning and gave them a snack. I've been alternating between water changes and breaking up ice dams up on the roof all day.

I thought real hard about filling up the truck, figured the price would be cheaper by the time I got back to Iowa. Still $1.79, go figure. I can't remember a time gas was cheaper in Illinois than Iowa.

Looking good...... ;D   
Jon

Ron Sower

I didn't think anywhere was higher than here and CA. Right now the lowest in the Seattle area that I've found is 1.98 at Costco. Others around are still over 2.00.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

It's not dropping much anymore around here.....I'm just hoping that prices hold for awhile now...
Jon

wsantia1

We are stuck at 2.01 in my neck of the woods. I'm waiting for that magical sub 2.00 price everybody on the news is talking about. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

I filled up yesterday for $1.92 at Shell.  It's nice to get a tank for less than $20 again.....

Dennis