• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 03:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 582
Total: 582

Wow, sun's been out...

Started by Mugwump, January 13, 2015, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...almost the whole day, didn't warm up much but still..... ;D    We've been running around like a couple nuts today...here there and everywhere.....now relaxing finally ;D....

What's going on folks..????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

We're relaxing, too. Gale got the second gel shot in her right knee in an attempt to prolong the knee replacement surgery she will eventually need. Three to go and she's done.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 13, 2015, 04:21:27 PM
We're relaxing, too. Gale got the second gel shot in her right knee in an attempt to prolong the knee replacement surgery she will eventually need. Three to go and she's done.

Ouch!!....tell her 'hi' and we hope it works... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Ouch, indeed.  I hope it works.

It started out cool and moist this morning.  Sun never came out.  It got colder and more dreary as the day went on.  I had dogs and have a decent day tomorrow, too?  Paid my bills.  It was a squeeker, but I am without debt:)  Took myself out for a Mexican meal to celibrate :-[

Fed horses.  Found out that if you accidently pour just a bit of dog kibble into the horse food the horses get pissed and look at you like you are trying to poison them.

Fed fish, stared at fish, thought about fish, did a nice WC. 

That was my day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Nice day there, Liz.....horses are persnickety eaters???
Jon

LizStreithorst

They're not persnikety.  Mine eat a strange variety of vegetation.  But it turns out that they think that a few kibbles of dog food emobdy evil.  They knock the feeder over and look at you as though you have betrayed them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 13, 2015, 06:42:33 PM
They're not persnikety.  Mine eat a strange variety of vegetation.  But it turns out that they think that a few kibbles of dog food emobdy evil.  They knock the feeder over and look at you as though you have betrayed them.

seeing that would be a hoot.....LOL.... 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Having to go back to the house and pick through the bag of horse feed so I could get them to trust me again was a PITA, but I found it funny, too.

PaulineMi

Our critters train us so well. ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Speaking of training our critters well, last night a couple in our club gave a presentation on how they prepare live and other foods for their fish in their fish house (garage - it's beautiful and efficient). One of the things they do to keep down waste in their tanks when feeding is that they cut off filtration and feed, and after a specific amount of time turn it back on. This trains the fish to become ready for the feeding as soon as the filters go off and very little food hits the bottom of the tank. Fish training...Pavlovian style!

Any of you do this?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 14, 2015, 09:21:14 AM
Speaking of training our critters well, last night a couple in our club gave a presentation on how they prepare live and other foods for their fish in their fish house (garage - it's beautiful and efficient). One of the things they do to keep down waste in their tanks when feeding is that they cut off filtration and feed, and after a specific amount of time turn it back on. This trains the fish to become ready for the feeding as soon as the filters go off and very little food hits the bottom of the tank. Fish training...Pavlovian style!

Any of you do this?

Sometimes I'll do that with very small angel fry....and, yep, it works splendidly... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

The only thing I run into when I do that for the discus is big fish....big poop.  But all the food gets eaten.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 14, 2015, 09:44:12 AM......But all the food gets eaten.  ;)
That's definitely the point they made last night.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron