• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 11:27:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 734
Total: 734

Spaghetti today....

Started by Mugwump, October 04, 2015, 10:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I made the sauce the other day while cooking the meat loaf......it's been 'curing' in the 'fridge' since then.....it should be perfect now....

sniff sniff....Hmmmm......Jan just made banana bread.....MMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

MMMmmm.....it's still hot too.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've got the Bavarian pot roast in the crock pot.  Didn't have any ginger, damn it.  I used allspice instead.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Every man for his self today. So I made a pastrami and cheddar lunch meat sandwich

LizStreithorst

Y'all simply must make the Bavarian pot roast.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bavarian-pot-roast?pmcode=IPKDV07T&_cmp=RecipeOfTheDay&_ebid=RecipeOfTheDay9/29/2015&_mid=65273&ehid=c5887a92067ae76155d791343cb6f95aa5795225

I haven't cooked anything this tasty for the longest time.  If you make it in the stock pot remember to cut down on the liquids.  I was stupid and forgot.  I had to add cornstarch and reduce the sauce for a long time.  I had it over noodles.  I think that it would be better over mashed potatoes.  I make red cabbage slaw to go with it.

I can't wait to have left overs!  The roast and the slaw was to die for.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 04, 2015, 05:04:54 PM
Y'all simply must make the Bavarian pot roast.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bavarian-pot-roast?pmcode=IPKDV07T&_cmp=RecipeOfTheDay&_ebid=RecipeOfTheDay9/29/2015&_mid=65273&ehid=c5887a92067ae76155d791343cb6f95aa5795225

I haven't cooked anything this tasty for the longest time.  If you make it in the stock pot remember to cut down on the liquids.  I was stupid and forgot.  I had to add cornstarch and reduce the sauce for a long time.  I had it over noodles.  I think that it would be better over mashed potatoes.  I make red cabbage slaw to go with it.

I can't wait to have left overs!  The roast and the slaw was to die for.

Sounds and looks really good.....but I'll bet red kraut instead of coleslaw would taste fantastic.......the noodles sold me...LOL....I love noodles, we've home made spaetzle noodles many times....MMMMmmmmm.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Left overs.  This time with mashers.  It was even better than last night.  The flavors had time to marry.  The taters were perfect with the  sauce.  The Red Cabbage slaw with a shredded granny smith apple  was a perfect accompaniment.  This meal is a heavy stick to your ribs kinda meal.  Something light and crisp along with it was called for.

GraphicGr8s

Jon I'll be right over for a slice of that banana bread. Hmmmmmm
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were