• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 05:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 876
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 871
Total: 872

ENOUGH ALREADY......for now anyway

Started by EdKaz, March 09, 2014, 10:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Started out innocent enough..........get a couple pairs and EASE back into things with 10 or so tanks.

Just 2 weeks in, Of the adult and just turned adult sized fish I picked up to get things started here, I SOMEHOW wound up with 8 pairs......2 spawns in 2 1/2 gal tanks I pulled last week that are now free swimming and eating BS like champs.....one spawn with mom and dad that should be off the slate tomorrow.......and 5 MORE spawns laid over THIS weekend.

Im not sure I ever had 5 pairs all pop on a single weekend so I took a kinda crappy video of the parents..... ALL dutifully watching over their eggs and wigglers........so far.

Meanwhile those initial 10 tanks have multiplied themselves, and are now at 22 set up and cycling and or up and running....and around 900 gallons :o :o :o

Been a BUSY and EXHAUSTING 2 weeks of thrashing and TRYING to keep up with the fishes.

Owl307

With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Nice set up. You have some nice fish.
Scott

EdKaz

Thanks for the compliments on the setup....almost done.  The setup is version 2.25....When I do finish it all up Ill share a bit more of it and the "mechanics" of it all if anyones interested. The grow out tanks will have a drip feed/filtration system again, that I think I ironed all the wrinkles out of in Setup version 2.01 ;-)

Some of my fish ARE real lookers...but alas, I Cant take credit for the fish I recently purchased.
If nothing else, they have certainly proved fertile and I now know for sure who is male or female and will soon have a better idea of THEIR makeup, to move forward.

Mugwump

I'd be interested in that drip system, Ed....My layout is not perfect for one...but I think with a good drill...LOL...I could make it work in one area...then move things around to tweak that zone....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson