• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 09:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 513
Total: 513

A satellite line, a drill, and da demons

Started by Mugwump, September 18, 2013, 05:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Ok, I finally located a converter from an old installer buddy, I have di-plexers, but they don't work with newer Directv systems. I was sure that I'd run dual rg-6 to all the outlets that I've wired in myself.....nope, not this one...sheesh. Anyway no problem, I have a partial box/roll of the rg-6, and connectors/crimpers/ all port power pass splitters, yada yada...all that I needed to do is charge my drill battery....
I grabbed the drill case and immediately drew the attention of da boys...think 'whatcha got there?'...into the kitchen with my new found apprentices to get everything started....open the case, took out the charger and cord..... 'da boys' jumped 3 feet straight up.... came down, recovered and got right in the middle of things..charger plugged in, went to find my tools and cut a length of cable...brought it all back to the kitchen area for staging....dropped the cable near the basement door and put the loose connectors nearby...I had a tight spot to drill and fish, so I grabbed my 3' flex bit...put it with the cable connectors, crimpers, strippers, etc....left to get the area cleared away to pop the hole from our bedroom, to downstairs....was going back thru the kitchen to go downstairs and make sure it was clear there....HMmmm..thought that I'd brought more connectors in than that...no worry, I'll get em later....opened the basement door and almost fell down the stairs...some how the 'round' connectors ended up on the landing and it was like stepping on a conveyer roller....wheeee...caught myself..looked around..no animal in sight...started down the stairs and two blurs ran down past me..ooooooookay....found my connecting lines in the furnace room just as the 'demons' made some kind of noise...oh no...went around by the stairs and here was one end of the cable that I'd cut...Hmmm...I go up to check the drill battery and it's enough for a couple holes.....I grab the flex bit and pop it in the drill...brrrraaapp..spun it to seat the bit...also, put two 'demons' in orbit....ah, peace at last....I go back to pop the first hole, it's a bit under a cabinet in a recessed area...I'm on my knees marking a spot when out of the corner of my eye I see Cecil on an above shelf area peering at me..then two paws on my shoulder with a cat cheek pressed against mine as they observed just how this is done....braaaap....up, up and away they went..only minor claw marks on my back and shoulder....cool, now I can get this started...began drilling with the 'demons' and Abby bookended in a 'Kodak' moment pose..watching intently with heads tilted.....got it drilled, finally found the cable again and fed it thru....put a connector on it, hooked up the converter/splitter/TV and headed towards the basement stair area, where I can feed everything to the furnace room area....there is this ledge along the steps..............I need to clip the wire along it without any help, but,alas, not today....oh no, they watched and played as I fed the wire across it and fastened it down....now I needed one more hole to make a neat run to the other room.....uh huh, the drill....braaap....the 'demons' are now unfazed....but with a couple head scratches and rubs given, they allow me to get the line thru....now a couple quick connectors and we're all set......I wanted a 'mirror' from the less watched TV to the back computor room and basement/fishroom TV's....it's football season ya know......checked the basement TV.....hmmm...where's the remote that I had here...ah, somehow it's under a 3 tier fish rack....but it works perfect...now the other one...go upstairs, click it on...no power...huh??...oh seems to unplugged somehow, turning around to my select cheering section, I asked which knucklehead did this one...no need to really ask...Manny was already back there watching me find the plug...with his faithful side kicks Cecil and Abby watching intently....plugged it in...all works just perfect....after some effort, I found all the tools, etc and tidied up....then I gave Heidi, who slept through all this, a well deserved piece of cheese ;D....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I wish that you would speak English rather than Greek.  I couldn't make my way thorough your post because I wasn't able to translate.  It sounds like you are very smart to have been able to to whatever it is you did :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 18, 2013, 05:34:04 PM
I wish that you would speak English rather than Greek.  I couldn't make my way thorough your post because I wasn't able to translate.  It sounds like you are very smart to have been able to to whatever it is you did :)

Me too....LOL....but it's done now, despite my loyal following's help ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Shame Jan didn't take pics.  I bet they tried to foil you at every turn.  Cats consider that their calling in life.  They don't have meese or bugs to catch at your place so they hunt where they can.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Life is such an adventure and so much fun for young cats.  You have a ton of patience to get that job done in spite of their shenanigans.   ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels2

As I wipe away the tears of laughter ... I can so picture the entire thing...our little pup snickers is the same way but not quite to that extent!! Glad you didn't fall down the stairs Jon

Mugwump

I call them demons, and they are.....but pretty nice boys at times too.. ;D
Jon

P4Angels2