• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:29:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 536
Total: 536

A fine mess I've gotten myself into now, Ollie

Started by LizStreithorst, April 03, 2017, 08:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have incoming day old chicks on Thursday.  I haven't done a thing to get ready for chickens, but have time since they're just baby chicks.  I had planned to keep them in the fish room at first in one of my huge fish raising containers.  It's always warm down there...But here I am with a huge fish raising container full of 200 baby Angels AND  A huge water storage container in the middle of the fish room. 

I am the queen of the work-around.  I have a couple of choices.  I'm just going to have to sleep on it and come up with the best choice tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

We just got some banty chicks on Sunday. Like we needed more. Lost one already. They are cheeping in the dining room.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Mine will be cheeping in the living room.  I'm bringing home a huge dog kennel to put them in for now.  I'll get my water storage container's frame reinforced when I get home from work today.  Mr. Sharp will come Thursday and put everything back in place.

Now I just need to build a chicken coop before the little chickies get too big for the temporary containers.

LizStreithorst

When I'm up against it I can find the best way.  I have found a free chicken house!  It's 10X12.  It's basically sound but needs a huge amount of TLC.  It needs a new tin roof and the rotting wafer board on the outside has to be replaced.  It belonged to the other worthless grandson of Jack and Judy (not the drug addicted one)  the grandson and his wife trashed the house so badly that Jack and Judy are tearing it down stick by stick and saving the lumber.  They were going to push the little building in a pile with other worthless stuff and burn it.  They say that I can have it.  Not only that, since I don't have a clue about how to move a building Jack said that he and his brother and perhaps his son-in-law will move it and put it in place for me.  I don't know what I have done to deserve such kind caring neighbors.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 04, 2017, 06:13:35 PM
When I'm up against it I can find the best way.  I have found a free chicken house!  It's 10X12.  It's basically sound but needs a huge amount of TLC.  It needs a new tin roof and the rotting wafer board on the outside has to be replaced.  It belonged to the other worthless grandson of Jack and Judy (not the drug addicted one)  the grandson and his wife trashed the house so badly that Jack and Judy are tearing it down stick by stick and saving the lumber.  They were going to push the little building in a pile with other worthless stuff and burn it.  They say that I can have it.  Not only that, since I don't have a clue about how to move a building Jack said that he and his brother and perhaps his son-in-law will move it and put it in place for me.  I don't know what I have done to deserve such kind caring neighbors.

...+1  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 04, 2017, 06:13:35 PM
I don't know what I have done to deserve such kind caring neighbors.

I know....
You are a kind and caring neighbor yourself...that's what you've done! |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron