• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 07:41:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 731
Total: 731

This evening

Started by LizStreithorst, January 06, 2013, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

What are y'all up to this lovely Sunday evening?  I've built a fire in the fire pit.  It was almost a no go due to most all of my wood being damp.  Thank God for fat litard and one good dry log.  A couple of pieces of dry pine 2x4s didn't hurt, either.

There's something about looking at the flames and smelling burning wood that relaxes me.  Who knows why?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I wish we had at least a fireplace here, I agree...sitting and watching/smelling a fire is relaxing. It's too blasted cold out to use the firepit.....tired for some reason, it's been a lazy day of putzing in the fishroom and reading the new 'Amazona' magazine...just finished up pancakes and fresh sausage for dinner, I'm stuffed and dragging...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Sounds nice Liz, but I am picturing you sitting out there in front of your fire with a laptop on your lap!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 06, 2013, 05:56:13 PM
Sounds nice Liz, but I am picturing you sitting out there in front of your fire with a laptop on your lap!
Barb

LOL..mouse in one hand, cold one in the other.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Liz where are you located that you can sit outdoors and enjoy a campfire?  We have snow and a little freezing rain.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

South east Mississippi.  Rainey Community to be exact.  It's between the state capitol and the gulf coast.

Barb and Mug.  You have forgotten that I smoke.  If I have a mouse in one hand and a beer in the other, I'm one hand short of having enough hands.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 06, 2013, 06:33:50 PM
South east Mississippi.  Rainey Community to be exact.  It's between the state capitol and the gulf coast.

Barb and Mug.  You have forgotten that I smoke.  If I have a mouse in one hand and a beer in the other, I'm one hand short of having enough hands.

I forgot, Liz...but you could 'Bogart' it.... ;D...hehe
Jon

LizStreithorst

LizStreithorst

I swear to god, this is true...I actually needed to do a search on Google for "Bogart slang" before I knew exactly what it meant.  I must not have been educated properly. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 06, 2013, 07:00:35 PM
I swear to god, this is true...I actually needed to do a search on Google for "Bogart slang" before I knew exactly what it meant.  I must not have been educated properly.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o....oh noooooooooo................LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sorry to disappoint.  I didn't turn wild until I got old.  I think of myself as a late bloomer.

Mugwump

Better late than never.....yep.
Jon

BallAquatics

I went through it early, sex, drugs, rock 'n roll & fast cars.  Now I'm this techy nerd.....  my wife says I've turned into Mr. Spock.   :-\

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 07, 2013, 08:56:47 AM
I went through it early, sex, drugs, rock 'n roll & fast cars.  Now I'm this techy nerd.....  my wife says I've turned into Mr. Spock.   :-\

Dennis

LOL............. ;D.."Mr Spock"..... ;D
Jon