• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 760
Total: 760

It's been decided======>

Started by Mugwump, December 29, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I had to pass that one around...  it's funny!   :P :P :P

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

Sorry to hear about your Alzheimer's Jon. At least you'll meet new people every day.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 29, 2014, 09:20:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your Alzheimer's Jon. At least you'll meet new people every day.

Funny, funny, funny.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 29, 2014, 09:20:27 PM
I'm chuckling at the humor in your statement, Graphics!

Because of a visit to my Mom in Virginia this past fall, I can edit your statement a bit to say "Sorry to hear about your Alzheimer's Jon. At least you'll meet new people every 15 minutes!"

My son and I went to visit her one day while she was eating lunch. It took us a few minutes to introduce ourselves and I'm not sure it really sank in who we were. She's always been good at ''covering''. Anyway, he and I went out into the hall for 10-15 minutes to return phone calls and messages. When we returned to the dining table, it was like we were entering for the first time ever! She recalled nothing from the earlier conversation!

She's a happy person in her own world and imagination! I guess things aren't all that bad with dementia! Right Mugs?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

My Mom was in a happy place with her Alzheimers too.  She planned family picnics, told outrageously funny stories and would dance the jitterbug....sitting in a wheelchair. She passed before ever reaching the stage of not recognizing us.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Pauline, I think it's good we can be happy for their happiness!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 30, 2014, 10:51:34 PM
Pauline, I think it's good we can be happy for their happiness!

Absolutely.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)