• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:11:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 770
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 756
Total: 757

Worst experience

Started by JC, December 18, 2014, 07:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

So I officially had my worst shipping experience ever with fish. I bought a 6" electric blue jack Dempsey male off the gcca website and the guy shipped it in a 10" x 5" x 7" box with a piece of styrofoam on the bottom and a piece of styrofoam on one side. No other styrofoam in the box!  Then he put just one heat pack laying on top of the bag with no filler in there so the bag was free to roll around.

This guy obviously has never shipped before or if he has not very successfully. I knew there was a problem when the FedEx guy had the box in a plastic sack.

When he got to my door he said it was leaking so he put it in the bag. I opened the box and was completely shocked at how it was packed and the water was ice cold. I'm so pissed that someone would ship a fish like that. I did get a full refund plus shipping (after some nasty back and forth conversations)

Just needed to vent about it

JC

Mugwump

I can't blame you one bit.....I'd have been livid about with the seller too. That's just plain stupid....
...sorry too hear that you went through that.....ruins your day, doesn't it....the jerk...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I hope the guy learns how to ship.  I've never shipped that stupidly but it takes time to learn to do it really well.  I've learned a TON since I started shipping after the virus went away.  Lots of people gave me feedback about my shipping methods.  I've learned from every mistake.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Sorry about your being on the receiving end of sheer stupidity.  What a waste.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JC

I tried being nice and explain how to ship properly. I'm no expert but I've been shipping for 3yrs now all over the U.S. with only 1 casualty (knock on wood) which was the fault of the post office not me. And he got all pissy and didn't want to hear it and told me he knew how to ship. I just dropped it because it was a waste of my time

Barb

Since I own a 6"+ beautiful male EBJD, I am especially horrified at this sad story.  I can't tell you how mad I am at the guy who did this to that gorgeous fish.  To get that big and pretty they need time and a lot of care.  How dare him kill it like this?
Barb >:(

JC

Quote from: Barb on December 18, 2014, 08:48:04 PM
Since I own a 6"+ beautiful male EBJD, I am especially horrified at this sad story.  I can't tell you how mad I am at the guy who did this to that gorgeous fish.  To get that big and pretty they need time and a lot of care.  How dare him kill it like this?

That's exactly what I thought too. Do you breed blue dempseys?

ghonk

Complete idiot,i'm surprised that they remembered to add water to the bag.
How not to pack fish tutorial,please tell me this person wasn't any older then 9 or 10. 

Barb

Quote from: JC on December 18, 2014, 09:07:10 PM
Quote from: Barb on December 18, 2014, 08:48:04 PM

That's exactly what I thought too. Do you breed blue dempseys?

No, sorry.  I only have one, got him as a  tiny little thing, now he is huge and in his own 56 gal tank.  I hope you can find another one.  Good luck.
Barb

wsantia1

I'm sorry you had such a lousy experience. what a moron. >:(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

That sucks! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I haven't shipped fish and i even know better. 
Scott

ilroost

That sucks. I love jacks. I have a male that is just beautiful. Got him about 3 years ago