• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 02:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 543
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

Total meltdown.....

Started by BallAquatics, January 24, 2017, 04:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

One of the other forums I work on needed an update.  It runs phpBB3 software.  Usually not a big deal, but today it had a total meltdown.  The update totally destroyed the site.  After restoring 3 different backups, it still had a fatal problem.  I was in geek heaven for over an hour.   |^|

Sure glad the update here the other night went smooth as silk.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

That must have been like being in shit hell.  Were you ever able to get it to do right?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....I hear ya.....that last update did me in too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 24, 2017, 04:28:56 PM
... Were you ever able to get it to do right?

Yes, after 30+ years of working on these things I've got a big bag of tricks.   :P

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 24, 2017, 04:18:27 PM

Sure glad the update here the other night went smooth as silk.....

Dennis

What update...??  ;D |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

My Captain Bob's website called for an update once. I lost the deep aqua blue background. It went to the baby blue it is now. Lost a bunch of other stuff, but I was most upset about that beautiful aqua blue that's gone forever.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 24, 2017, 07:34:07 PM
My Captain Bob's website called for an update once. I lost the deep aqua blue background. It went to the baby blue it is now. Lost a bunch of other stuff, but I was most upset about that beautiful aqua blue that's gone forever.

You should have hired Mr. Ball to do it.  He would have made it do the right thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.