• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 09:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 753
Total: 753

GCCA swap, Hillside, Illinois

Started by Mugwump, July 08, 2014, 08:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

The best swap in the Chicago land area....always..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

if you ever want to feel like a little kids in a large candy store. then this is the event for you....
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 08, 2014, 08:19:02 PM
The best swap in the Chicago land area....always..... ;D

Probably the best swap in the country.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Is a swap an event where you can take used stuff to sell or trade?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 10, 2014, 09:17:56 AM
Is a swap an event where you can take used stuff to sell or trade?

This is set up to mostly sell, but ,yes, a lot of swapping going on too....usually around 80+ vendors at the GCCA swaps, hobbyists mostly....and a couple rooms.....it's a great day... ;D
Jon

ilroost

Good enough for me and the wife to drive 150 miles to! But it sure gets crowded

ghonk

I went once,so crowded it was a JOKE .I had the table layout map,so i would be able to find  the things i was more interested in,good thing or i would have left with nothing.I could barely make it to THOSE tables.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on July 12, 2014, 11:33:18 AM
I went once,so crowded it was a JOKE .I had the table layout map,so i would be able to find  the things i was more interested in,good thing or i would have left with nothing.I could barely make it to THOSE tables.

elbows and 'excuse me work well.... ;D....love kids, hate strollers at swaps..... ;D
Jon

ghonk

Now if it was 90% women there,instead of guys.It would have been much more enjoyable. :)
May have got lucky and not even realized it.

wsantia1

The last couple of swap I went to there had 2 or 3 rooms.  While still crowded I was able to maneuver quite nicely. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

The last 2 times i went it cleared out after awhile. Seen Jon and Scott but both were busy selling so i didn't bother them

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on July 12, 2014, 02:39:51 PM
The last 2 times i went it cleared out after awhile. Seen Jon and Scott but both were busy selling so i didn't bother them

Well, besides a quick wave, stop and chat a bit..... ;D...LOL...normally the flow settles down a little after 12:00....then a mini-spike about 1PM, sometimes....folks are always roaming around tho
Jon

b125killer

If there's something special that I want, I will get a hold of the seller. Most will hold fish for you. The first hour or so is crazy. if you do find something you want don't think about it buy it. Lots of people come back and ask if you still have it and it's gone already. No matter how busy I am, I will make time for friends. That's part of the fun is getting to see all my fish friends. 
Scott

Mugwump

..bump...just a reminder to mark you calendars  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon