• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 06:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 700
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 566
Total: 567

All's well that ends well

Started by LizStreithorst, October 31, 2015, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I just had a bit of a start :o  It's raining but no thunder, no lightning.  Suddenly I hear a large SNAP and immediately after a clap of thunder.  Never did see lightning.  I thought the power in whole house was out.   When I checked the breaker box in the house I noticed the fish room was working.  The breakers were all fine.  I checked the box on the side of the house with the big breakers.  Fine.  I checked both boxes twice ::)  Then I realized that while I was in the computer room I had no lights on anywhere but the fish room.  Felt like an idiot when I started turning on lights and they all worked :-[  The only thing it went for was New Faithful and she came back on all by herself.  Finally I realized that the power went off only momentarily.  Silly me.  I wish I were better at not thinking the worst when something I depend on breaks.  I'm that way with my vehicles.  I was that way when I saw the tree was fixin' to fall on my house.   I go into a panic when something goes wrong that I can't fix.

I wish I could get it through my thick head that it will be fine.  I know damn good and well that no matter what goes unexpectedly wrong with something I need but can't fix I always feel that I came out of it better for going through it.  I make buddies of the nice folks that make it all right again.  I always like them and they always like me.  It has happened like that every time for me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL...nothing like a power blink ......I hate when it '0's all the clocks/microwave/stove...yada yada.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We had that happen yesterday morning. Doug was still in bed...I was in the kitchen getting Fritz's bowl of food. Fritz freaked when the power flashed off then on and he ran back into bed with Doug.  ::) Brave Doberman. Lol
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)