• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 12:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,339
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 700
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

What ya been eating?

Started by big b, October 29, 2015, 09:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big b

What have you been eating? Or drinking for that matter.

LizStreithorst

I've been drinking Diet Coke at work and too much beer when I get off.  As far as food, I haven't made any thing delectable since I made that Bavarian pot roast.  There are no really inspired restaurants in my small town, so I make do.

Always move forward. Never look back.

big b

I ate some spaghetti for dinner. I've been drinking some lemonade and Dr. Pepper.

BallAquatics

Beef tamales with a spicy southern corn mix.  Yum yum  |^|

Love spicy foods, Indian, Chinese, Tia, etc.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Been eating out most of the time because the kitchen is a total mess with the work on the cabinets.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Kind of a personal question eh?

But tonight was broiled cod loin with butter baste. And salad. We've been eating lighter since my roommate found out how much she weighed.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I haven't eaten to day except for a wonderful ripe persimmon just when I got home from work.  I know that I must eat.  I'll warm up some Friday's hot wings.  I'll do better when I cook for myself over the week end.  I wish I had a clue what I want to eat.  It will have to be something with greens in it.  I can make a killer collard greens with a ham hock, chopped ham and smoked pig tails.  It sounds like a side dish but for me it makes a meal.

big b

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 30, 2015, 07:28:08 PMI can make a killer collard greens with a ham hock, chopped ham and smoked pig tails. 
Pig tails,  :P

LizStreithorst

Yep the grossest part of the dead animal yields the flavors and textures that are most intriguing. Smoked pig's feet add the smoked nuance better than a smoked ham hock.  Plus they are more gelatinous.

Son, your culinary horizons need to be expanded.

big b

Lol, I just did expand it. I tried coffee for the first time tonight :).

LizStreithorst

lol...I always loved how it smelled but when I drank it I hated it. It's an acquired taste. I drink my morning cup with a teaspoon of local honey and too much half and half.  I'm a coffee sissy.

I have heard that they are saying that coffee is good for you now.  I wish they would decide the same thing about beer and cigars.

GraphicGr8s

I didn't try squid until I was in my thirties. Always said I didn't eat bait. Love it now. Little G now 6 has been eating it for 2-3 years already. And every so often he'll eat a slice of my pizza with anchovies and bell pepper.

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

greydragon

so what have you been eating under there?

Ron Sower

If I were to pick a favorite food, it would be chicken....prepared almost any way except with heavy hot spices. I have a lot of reflux problem and chicken is pretty easy for me to digest.

The next favorite is almost any dessert.

I'm not a picky eater really.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron