• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 07:28:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 47
Total: 48

Welcome to Wednesday....>>

Started by Mugwump, September 05, 2018, 07:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....another beautiful day in the neighborhood... ;D

..so what's up?.....just taking the day as it happens for us....oh, and thorms....HMMmm...reading and a nap ?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...hoping the knee doc will call back and have an answer for why my knee is hurting already again... wfwf

...going over to the eye doc to check out the flashes and wierd new floaters I'm having in my right eye the last 3 days... huh

...I think I'm falling apart suddenly....well, maybe not so suddenly! wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 05, 2018, 10:03:03 AM
...hoping the knee doc will call back and have an answer for why my knee is hurting already again... wfwf

...going over to the eye doc to check out the flashes and wierd new floaters I'm having in my right eye the last 3 days... huh

...I think I'm falling apart suddenly....well, maybe not so suddenly! wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

....MRI too?......ask....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..well the dew point and humidity are both 74.......yup...pretty damn humid out there.. wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

Flashes can be a detached retina.  Let me know what he says?  Have you considered CBD oil for your knee problem?  I'm considering it for my back.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Today sucked because of the dog.

We had the tropical storm come through during the night.  All we got was a little rain.  They said that we would have torrential rain in the afternoon but it never happened.  I never believed that this storm would amount to much.  I didn't even bother too fix the generator.  It's on my list, though.  Next storm My feelings may be wrong.  I don't care if I go up with Dorothy but if I live and the power goes out I don't want to be faced with a bunch of dead fish.

LizStreithorst

Only 4 eggs today but one was for a hen who has never laid before.  I saw her on a pillow on the living room sofa.  I left her alone and sure enough, about 15 minutes later I heard that frightened first egg racket.  It's the same song as all hens squawk when they lay and egg, but a hen who is used to laying will move off the next to another place not far away and starts squawking the song.  A first egger will squawk in a surprised and terrified while still in the nest. 

I kind of enjoy having a hen who lays on my bed.  The dogs that jump on the bed don't bother it.  I do have Tink, my chair and sofa dog who only jumps on the bed at night when we have a storm or she's cold.  She mostly hangs out on arm chars and the sofa during the day.  If that hen lays an egg on the sofa and I don't beat her to it, she will eat it.  The next time I catch that hen on the sofa I will pick her up, put her in the chicken house, and lock the door.  I'll let her out when I hear the egg song.  She needs to learn to lay in the next boxes.

I may not have been able to train Vasha, but I bet I can train a chicken.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 05, 2018, 10:08:26 AM

...had one last year on my back...bone spurs...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2018, 04:49:09 PM

...going over to the eye doc to check out the flashes and weird
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 05, 2018, 10:03:10 PM

new floaters I'm having in my right eye the last 3 days... huh

Flashes can be a detached retina.  Let me know what he says?  Have you considered CBD oil for your knee problem?  I'm considering it for my back.
...the reason I went was fear of detached retina...however, it is Post Vitreous Detachment or PVD...and is a condition that older people often have happen ...the vitreous gel in the eyeball normally is attached at the back of the eye to the retina...in aging folks it may start pulling away from the retina and eventually can pull away altogether...Doc said about half his patients have it...(there are a lot of us oldies around these parts!)...he said the floaters and flashes will probably subside in 4-6 weeks...it does not affect vision...I am so relieved and thankful... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...granddaughter used CBD oil on her back for pain last year with no effect...not gonna waste my money...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 05, 2018, 10:12:19 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2018, 04:49:09 PM

...going over to the eye doc to check out the flashes and weird
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 05, 2018, 10:03:10 PM

new floaters I'm having in my right eye the last 3 days... huh

...the reason I went was fear of detached retina...however, it is Post Vitreous Detachment or PVD...and is a condition that older people often have happen ...the vitreous gel in the eyeball normally is attached at the back of the eye to the retina...in aging folks it may start pulling away from the retina and eventually can pull away altogether...Doc said about half his patients have it...(there are a lot of us oldies around these parts!)...he said the floaters and flashes will probably subside in 4-6 weeks...it does not affect vision...I am so relieved and thankful... |^|

...."Doc said about half his patients have it."....dang !....wonder why we don't hear more about it  huh.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm glad to hear the good(ish) news about your eyes.

The CBD oil is designed to be taken orally.  I'm still thinking about it.  It's not the money, I don't want to be at risk of failing the pee test when I see the pain doc.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 06, 2018, 01:02:21 PM
I'm glad to hear the good(ish) news about your eyes.

The CBD oil is designed to be taken orally.  I'm still thinking about it.  It's not the money, I don't want to be at risk of failing the pee test when I see the pain doc.

It won't help with that.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Oh.  I didn't know.  Might is work on my back and the pain from degenerative disc diesase?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 06, 2018, 02:10:33 PM
Oh.  I didn't know.  Might is work on my back and the pain from degenerative disc diesase?

..yes, some folks find good relief imbibing the CBD.....it's relaxing and calming too..I've read....some folks are finding help using a strain of regular THC based weed too.....it's what works for you best....
Jon