• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

Liz's name today

Started by Barb, June 27, 2017, 06:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Liz, I said your name a lot today.  Since Bill is unable to do home repairs anymore, I am now a home plumber too.  I had to learn on the spot. And as I replaced all the guts in 2 toilet tanks, following written directions on the package, I said "This is the kind of work Liz does, not me" and "Liz would be good and fast at this job"  unlike me.  But I got the jobs done, finally, and now they work great.  It was hard, but I did it.
Barb

Ron Sower

Strong AND smart! ....  How's the weather there treating you, Barb?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

....good job, Barb.... |^|............
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That must have pissed you off (no pun intended) that you had to replace toilet guts in that brand new house.  Congrats on a job well done. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Barb, a tip on replacing toilet seats......don't try to unscrew those bolts/nuts holding it on.......just saw 'em off with a hack saw, they're plastic anyway......quicker and you won't get your pinkies too dirty.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't expect ever to replace mine but I'll stick that piece of info away in my mind.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Thanks everybody.  Liz, our water is so hard and full of solid debris, it just ruins everything it touches in no time.  I am still amazed I can actually keep and grow discus and angels in it.  Perfect for Africans though.  Ron, it is hot and humid here, I envy you that dry heat. We had 6" of rain on Sat. when the leftover Cindy came through here.  Thanks for the tip Jon, seats will be next.  And I can use a hacksaw too.  Bill has a ton of tools, I am learning to use many of them.  The garden tools I know well.  But all the saws, wrenches, screw drivers, electric drills, sanders, etc. I am getting to know.  I have already used the circular saw with supervision.  I know the mower, trimmer and other power  tools for the yard quite well. Sorry for the long paragraph.
Barb