• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 04:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

The Ice Storm

Started by PaulineMi, December 22, 2013, 09:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Here's how it looks here:

Our River Birch trees at dawn:

About an hour ago:

I'm pretty sure they'll come back.  Hubby's worried about them.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Wow, we got a thin layer of ice and a few inches of snow...but no tree benders....those birches will come around fine....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Well it snowed and weighed things down further.  Power went off and on a few times. Now its completely out. Hope we wont have to resort to dragging out the generator. 

Signing out for now. Am using the wifi connection on my cell phone.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Weeeee'rrrrrrreeeee  back.   ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 22, 2013, 01:25:51 PM
Weeeee'rrrrrrreeeee  back.   ;D

LOL..it's the simple things that bring joy sometimes... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Power is out again.

Seeking joy.   

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 22, 2013, 01:43:09 PM
Power is out again.

Seeking joy.   

Oh no !!!!!!!.....time to gas up the generator before it's too dark...
Jon

PaulineMi

Power came back on and this is what we got to see....the river birch looks lovely in ice:

Mugwump

Pretty.....got plan B ready, just in case?
Jon

PaulineMi

Yes, the generator is ready to go if need be.  We had it running and noticed neighbors' lights were on.  So we know the generator works, it's huge.....keeps the whole house up and running. So I can rest assured the tanks will be fine if power goes out again.  :)  Hubby, the dog and I can wear sweaters but the tank heaters need power.  Lol.

Mugwump

Ok...............but you folks be careful... ;D
Jon

b125killer

Thats a pretty picture. I hope the lights stay on fot you guys.
Scott

wsantia1

Great looking picture.  You guys sure have some great scenery out there.  Gook luck with those lights.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.