• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 12:53:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 563
Total: 563

Cooooold here

Started by Ron Sower, December 08, 2013, 10:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

8*F when I got up at 7:30AM!  Folks....that's cold for this part of the woods.
Pellet stove AND heat pump are going at it strong these past few days.  I Just hope we don't lose electricity.
The police are going around in vans to different parts of Seattle and taking homeless to "warming places" or overnight shelters. This is the first time I've heard something like that on the news.  The Seattle police are getting a lot of negative heat from the Feds and locals. Maybe this will help their image.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

You may hear a lot of bad things about Chicago. When the negative things make the news, they over shadow the good folks deeds. In Chicago there are many, many heating and cooling shelters...even the public libraries, and some strategically located school gymnasiums, are used...most the churches get involved and the city has a good crisis center that does wellness checks on the elderly and disabled...it's an efficient set up, manned by a competent staff and workers....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 08, 2013, 10:30:07 AM
You may hear a lot of bad things about Chicago. When the negative things make the news, they over shadow the good folks deeds. In Chicago there are many, many heating and cooling shelters...even the public libraries, and some strategically located school gymnasiums, are used...most the churches get involved and the city has a good crisis center that does wellness checks on the elderly and disabled...it's an efficient set up, manned by a competent staff and workers....

I second that!
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Trying to watch the Detroit Lions play football in Philly.  It's snowing so hard it's almost impossible to see the players! It's almost comical.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels2

P4Angels2

Mugwump

LOL...don't you miss home??? ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It's been snowing at a pretty good clip out here.  I need to have a couple of inches of accumulation before I can take out the snow blower.  I have a lot of sidewalk adjacent to my property and am in no mood to shovel that stuff as required by the municipality.  ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.