• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 02:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,335
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

The bathroom uproar

Started by LizStreithorst, November 05, 2015, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I can't believe that a program on public radio is devoting an entire hour to it.  Transgender folks in ladies bathrooms because they have the wrong equipment.  One expert just said, "we should have a national discussion about this".  Another one said something about having a medical diagnosis of trasgenerism.  Most stupid yammering I have ever heard in my life.  What are people afraid of?  What's the big deal?  Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Yes, one of these days we will become as sophisticated as the French and just pee in the street.....  problem solved!   ???

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 06, 2015, 06:13:45 AM
Yes, one of these days we will become as sophisticated as the French and just pee in the street.....  problem solved!   ???

Dennis

SE Asia is the same way.....if there are bathrooms, they are uni-sexed....unless they've changed over the years...???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I can understand it being a sensitive issue for adolescent girls...and boys. Tough stuff to deal with.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

QuoteYes, one of these days we will become as sophisticated as the French and just pee in the street.....  problem solved!   ???

Sadly its not a funny issue.
Millions of people don't have access to proper toilets.
I heard a podcast about this recently that said 1,000 children die EACH DAY for diarrhea related diseases.
These are thought to be due in large part to not using toilets which limit contact with disease organisms.

BallAquatics

Can't say that that surprises me.  We still have millions in this country with NO health care, and all the elderly who must choose between buying food or their prescription medications.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 06, 2015, 12:47:59 PM
Can't say that that surprises me.  We still have millions in this country with NO health care, and all the elderly who must choose between buying food or their prescription medications.....

Dennis

Yup....it's sad...........plus we treat our vet's like dirt.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

[/quote]

[/quote]

+1 We should be ashamed of the way we treat our vets  and our elderly.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 06, 2015, 07:12:29 PM

It torques my a$$ every time I see one of those ads pleading for money for the Vet's, like the ASPCA or the Humane Society.  There should be a law that not 1 cent is spent on foreign aid until our service people are properly taken care of.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 06, 2015, 07:25:59 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 06, 2015, 07:12:29 PM

It torques my a$$ every time I see one of those ads pleading for money for the Vet's, like the ASPCA or the Humane Society.  There should be a law that not 1 cent is spent on foreign aid until our service people are properly taken care of.....

Dennis

Those ads piss me off too. Why on earth is that even necessary? The service people need to be taken care of first and foremost. We'll soon get into another war and create more vets that we won't take care of.  >:( >:( >:(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 06, 2015, 07:23:54 PM
+1 We should be ashamed of the way we treat our vets  and our elderly.

That's a fact!  If the gay community can ban together and get same-sex marriages passed into law, you would certainly think the white majority in this country could get off they pampered butts and rectify some of these blatant injustices.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

It's the same with vets and old folks as is in everything else in life.  The ones who are the most needy are the ones most often the ones that don't get help.  I think that this new guy in the VA is OK and is making a difference.  I heard a clip of a speech he made on ATC today.  He said something to the affect all he gets to deal with are complaints or what happened before his time...that he'd like to see a congressional investigation in to what it the VA is doing now.  He's got a good point.  He took on a job that he knew was a can of worms.  Nobody will make it perfect.  With the new guy it will be better when he leaves than it was when he came on.

This is the point.  When it comes to life you need to take care of yourself first.  Sounds selfish...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNtP1zOVHw

Mugwump

...um.....'vet's'......not the animal kind folks............think veteran's....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I was talking about "vets".  Please excuse my mistake in punctuation.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 06, 2015, 07:50:34 PM
...um.....'vet's'......not the animal kind folks............think veteran's....

I think we're all on the same page with that.....

Dennis