• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 12:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,335
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 364
Total: 364

New Faithful

Started by LizStreithorst, March 30, 2015, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I also called the broadband people today.  I have to get a home phone before I can have the DSL.  I checked with my neighbor and he said that it was true.  I hate to have to pay an extra $25. a month for some worthless thing that I have no use for but I will.  The DSL people have 4 plans and I don't need an expensive one.  Even the bargain basement plan will be way faster than what I have now and it will work when it rains.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

No, if there's a phone line to your house, that's all you need....whether you are using it or not...we have a phone line, but not using it now....DSL works fine... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That's what I thought but they say no.  She said that it's not an active phone line unless it has an actual phone.  They told the same to my neighbor a couple of years ago when they got the DSL installed.  They say I need to have a real phone.  I'm not smart enough to fight with them over it.  I'll cave and give them another 20 or 25 bucks a month for something I neither need nor want >:(

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 31, 2015, 07:21:16 PM
That's what I thought but they say no.  She said that it's not an active phone line unless it has an actual phone.  They told the same to my neighbor a couple of years ago when they got the DSL installed.  They say I need to have a real phone.  I'm not smart enough to fight with them over it.  I'll cave and give them another 20 or 25 bucks a month for something I neither need nor want >:(

Have it put in..then cancel it after a bit... ;D...and don't take Vonage.....you don't need it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

So, are you telling me to get my phone service from my tiny phone service that is called Bay Springs phone company and then cancel it on the sly?  I can't get DSL from Bay Springs.  All they offer is dial up ::)  That the DSL  people called TEC.com   won't know the difference and the internet will still work?  Of course TEC wants me to buy my phone service from them.  If I cancel it they will know.

I love living in the sticks but it does have it's challenges.  I could check with my darlin' young computer guy.  I bet he'd know for sure, but I really hate to bother him.

b125killer

I think it depends on the DSL service providers. But I'm not a expert on these things.
Scott

Mugwump

Jon