• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 01:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,335
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 361
Total: 361

Sunday swap day....

Started by Mugwump, February 16, 2014, 05:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....it begins ;D....now to haul it all out and load the Tahoe... ;D.....back later folks ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It's going to be a fun day. See you soon my friend.
Scott

Barb

Hope somebody took a camera!  And uses it!
Barb

PaulineMi

I agree with Barb.   Yes...pictures.  I envy you guys with all your swaps and get togethers.  Have fun.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

What a madhouse. Wall to wall people.  Tons of fish and equipment.  Lots of friends and loads of fun. I'm going to miss these swaps greatly.  Hopefully someone took some pictures. Oh and I took Jon's last brownie.  Sorry guys. ::) ::) ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 16, 2014, 03:13:38 PM
What a madhouse. Wall to wall people.  Tons of fish and equipment.  Lots of friends and loads of fun. I'm going to miss these swaps greatly.  Hopefully someone took some pictures. Oh and I took Jon's last brownie.  Sorry guys. ::) ::) ::)

LOL....I love it !!!! ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Yes, it was a super crowded turn out.....saw lots of folks we know, and many old friends too. We took some pictures and I'll try to pop them up later..........I'm tired....long day for the old water hauler.. ;D
Jon

b125killer

I was scared to pull out my phone and take pics with so many people. I didn't want to drop it and someone step on it. it was crazy nuts there today. It was great to see all my friends and say good bye to Willie. I also got a lot of great new stuff.
I got four neolamprologus multifasciatus from John Hoernig. I met him a few years ago at one of the swaps interesting guy. He has a little of everything. He sold them to me at a price I couldn't say no too. I got them in a new set up and got escargot shell for them. When I got them out of there bag the went into the shells and haven't came out much. poor things must be scary for them. 

I picked up a breeding colony of long fin cories, The guy said that they just spawned a few days ago. I'm going to try and breed them. I was thinking of putting them in with the guppies after the Q.T. time. I'm not sure if the guppies will eat the eggs. :-\

I also got a few plants from Mark, He had some of the better plants at the swap.
Melon Sword, planted in Capt'n Bob's substrate with some rocket fuel.

Vesuvius Sword, the little plant under the sword is the other Vesuvius sword I got from Mark a few months ago. 

This pic has some older and new plants. the new ones, Flame sword, broad leaf ludwigia. the older ones, Hygrophila polysperma, anubis nana, and another flame sword that the angels beat up cleaning it.

last one is a pic of my planted tank with all the plants.

Oh by the way, there is a wild blooded pleco daddy on eggs in the cave. ;D
Scott

Mugwump

The tanks look nice Scott, good job scaping them. It must be BN season....We've got three in caves at the moment. ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Your tank looks really nice Scott.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thanks Jon and Pauline, This is the second batch of fry from that BN pair in less then a month. They sure do like playing in the plants.

Scott

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

ilroost

Scott, you need anymore shells? I have at least 200 of them. They came with a box of misc. i bought at the last auction

Mugwump

How's that new filter set up working?....water appear more sparkly?
Jon

b125killer

Thanks guys, Im really happy with how well the planted tank  is doing. I think I should be ok on shells for now. But I'll keep you in mind if I need more. I have two dozen in there with 4 fish. I'm thinking they should be able to find there own space. 
Today was the first water change with the filtered water. And wouldn't you know it koi pair number 3 spawned last night or this morning. I was waiting on them for ever it was the first pair I pulled out and the last to spawn. I was almost thinking that I was wrong.  And they weren't a boy and girl. I'm not holding out hope with this spawn.  I wish they would of waited for a few water changes with the filtered water.
Scott