• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 02:59:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

Wacky Wednesday

Started by Barb, May 12, 2021, 01:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, yes it is definitely wacky.  Cold, gray, raining, windy and not a drop of gas anywhere in my state.  And me with a driving trip coming up, in doubt now though.  I think I will just concentrate on setting up 2 new little shrimp tanks today and what I will fix for my dinner later on.  No need to watch news, nothing good there.  Hope you all are doing OK.
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. Sorry to hear about your gas situation Barb. We have gas here but I see long lines when I pass by them. I gassed up on Monday so hopefully I am in good shape until the pipeline reopens.

It's been a mostly a cool, windy and cloudy day here but the sun is finally out and the winds will die down soon.  I can't remember the last time during the spring where my grass was turning yellow due to a lack of rain. I don't usually start watering my lawn until July. I have already watered quite a few times this year.

I saw a real eye doctor yesterday and my eyes are pretty much healed. I am just dealing with some dryness issues now.  I've been taken off of the antibiotic eye drops and put on lubricating eyedrops. I'm actually feeling much better today.

Hopefully all of you out there are having a great day. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Great news about your eyes Willie!  Yes, our lawns were getting yellow here in my city too, but all the rain today will help a lot.  I bet lots of weeds will pop up too.  Have a good eve,
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm relived to hear that your eyes are getting better.  I bet you are, too.

Tink got good news, too.  The vet says that her chest still sounds like she has a washing machine in it rather than a heart but the good news is that her lungs are clear.  Sara (the vet) said that the cough was likely due to her enlarged heart pressing against her trachea.  She suggested a cough suppressant.  It's an opioid so it will likely make her sleepy, but at least when she sleeps she's be getting real rest rather than being woken up constantly by the feeling that she needs to cough.  She still has a good while to go before I'm forced to do the deed.
Always move forward. Never look back.