• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 05:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 490
Total: 490

ALBINO DANTUM SPAWN

Started by ghonk, June 15, 2014, 05:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Looking good, bro......congrat's...they look healthy..........I'm curious what else comes out of the spawn genetically ......??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats Greg.  Looking real good there. :D :D :D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

Thanks Pauline,hope you get some from your's soon.

Angelfishusa

Quote from: Mugwump on June 25, 2014, 05:37:30 AM
Looking good, bro......congrat's...they look healthy..........I'm curious what else comes out of the spawn genetically ......??
I think you'll find every fish that comes from that spawn will be carbon copies of each other.  Nothing but Albino Dantums...  :)

Mugwump

Quote from: Angelfishusa on June 26, 2014, 06:04:15 AM
I think you'll find every fish that comes from that spawn will be carbon copies of each other.  Nothing but Albino Dantums...  :)

excellent....thanks David...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on June 26, 2014, 06:06:24 AM
Quote from: Angelfishusa on June 26, 2014, 06:04:15 AM

excellent....thanks David...

That's what i'm hoping for,let me add something if i choose to.NOT try to breed it out of them.

PaulineMi

Greg's "White House"!   Congrats again.  Looks like they're on a roll. You must be very happy.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

....very nice, they're settling in to rhythm......sweeeet  ;D
Jon

b125killer

Congrats on the continuing success with your Albino Dantums.
Scott

ghonk

Thanks Pauline and Scott,very happy with the spawns.Now comes maybe the hardest part,making sure they have good ventrals,i would be crushed if they all end up with stubs.

Mugwump

...Is the bottom of the fry tank painted?....if not, you can sprinkle a little gravel down to cut the reflection out...it'll help keep them from hovering, etc...also, a couple BN fry will keep it cleaner...
Jon

ghonk

I still have them in a specimen container,hanging inside the tank.About 75% covered,they actully gather at the bright end,also an air stone on that end with a few bubbles coming up.They like the current,seems to be keeping them off the bottom some of the time.       

Mugwump

That'll work.....they'll need a bigger tank soon tho...what's next?..a fiver or a ten??
Jon

ghonk

I was thinking about a marina hang on breeder box,or two.Might have to transfer them to the second one to clean the other,but that might be a big PITA. 
But maybe would be better off with a 5 gallon,which i don't have.May have to try a 10,if they have to much of a hard time finding the food i will have to go smaller.