• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 12:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 598
Total: 598

Hosting Melt down

Started by BallAquatics, December 10, 2016, 05:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Our web host had something of a melt down yesterday.  Looks like we lost some posts too.  I haven't heard a reason for the problem from them, but will let you know more when and if info is available.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 10, 2016, 05:44:52 AM
Our web host had something of a melt down yesterday.  Looks like we lost some posts too.  I haven't heard a reason for the problem from them, but will let you know more when and if info is available.

Dennis

...thanks for the update....I mentioned it in the 'puter' section board too....

I've been scoping everything out and don't see foot prints as yet.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Yep, it's not like the site was hacked or anything.

As it turns out, there was a packet filtering problem in the core routing layer. Once identified, the hosting company worked closely with the router vendor to develop a global fix.

Routers used to be pretty straight-forward, but with all that goes on now days, they are a specialty in the IT field.

Looks like they were dead-in-the-water from around 4:00PM Friday until around 2:15AM Saturday.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 10, 2016, 06:17:28 AM
Yep, it's not like the site was hacked or anything.

As it turns out, there was a packet filtering problem in the core routing layer. Once identified, the hosting company worked closely with the router vendor to develop a global fix.

Routers used to be pretty straight-forward, but with all that goes on now days, they are a specialty in the IT field.

Looks like they were dead-in-the-water from around 4:00PM Friday until around 2:15AM Saturday.

Dennis

...hopefully all's ok now.....  |^| huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

In all the years I've been with this company, this is the first major outage I have seen (knock on wood).  That said, I'm paid up with them until December 13th, 2017.  After that I'm moving everything over to a Digital Ocean VPS.  The same money gets me much more power, and being self-administered, I can do as I please without any shared hosting restrictions.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Where can I send a donation? It's been a while since i did thar?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

So it wasn't just me then. Last time I tried was about 10pm PST.
Dan