• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 10:58:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 318
Total: 319

Should have been said a couple of weeks ago

Started by sschind, March 09, 2014, 07:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sschind

We all know Captain Bob but his wife Gale may not be as well know to many of you.  She went under the knife for hip replacement surgery a couple of weeks back.  As a "good friend" I have been shamefully neglectful of passing on my wishes for a full and speedy recovery. I've been using the "I don't want to bother them so soon excuse"  Well, so soon is over and so are my excuses.

Here's to a full and speedy recovery Gale.  The world is a better place with you out there participating in it instead of being cooped up in the house.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on March 09, 2014, 07:46:12 PM
We all know Captain Bob but his wife Gale may not be as well know to many of you.  She went under the knife for hip replacement surgery a couple of weeks back.  As a "good friend" I have been shamefully neglectful of passing on my wishes for a full and speedy recovery. I've been using the "I don't want to bother them so soon excuse"  Well, so soon is over and so are my excuses.

Here's to a full and speedy recovery Gale.  The world is a better place with you out there participating in it instead of being cooped up in the house.

Amen, Steve....and hopefully she'll be up and chasing Bob around the house again soon....she's been home awhile now and is diligently doing her rehab.... ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't know Gail.  I know My Captain.  He is a good man.  I don't have his phone number but I have his email.  I will send him one now.  Thanks for letting us know.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Owl307

With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 09, 2014, 07:55:03 PM
I don't know Gail.  I know My Captain.  He is a good man.  I don't have his phone number but I have his email.  I will send him one now.  Thanks for letting us know.

it is 'Gale'....and yes, a wonderful person too...you'd love her like we do.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Well, I sent him an email and I called her Gail. I know now ::)  Surely he will forgive me.  I made a mistake but I do believe I nailed it when I expressed my sentiments.  I want them both to be well and healthy and enjoy life.

Get well soon, Gale :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 09, 2014, 08:19:31 PM
Well, I sent him an email and I called her Gail. I know now ::)  Surely he will forgive me.  I made a mistake but I do believe I nailed it when I expressed my sentiments.  I want them both to be well and healthy and enjoy life.

Get well soon, Gale :)

She'll understand.... ;D...good folks, they are....
Jon

BallAquatics

Here's wishing you a full & speedy recovery Gale.

Dennis

Rjb3

Howdy all. Thanks for the well wishes.

Gale's full left hip replacement surgery was on Feb. 28th. She's doing very well with her physical therapy and recovery. It's a slow process and can't be rushed. The typical recovery time is 8-12 weeks. She's slowly taking herself off the high power pain pills. She only took one yesterday. She'll see her doctor tomorrow. We'll see what he says.

Although it's nice to be off work for a couple weeks myself, I've found the care giving is a lot of work. I'm amazed at how tired I am at the end of the day. I haven't complained once. She's my Gale and I'm there for her like she was there for me with my many bouts with kidney stones. Now, it's my turn.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Regards-Bob

A.K.A. Captain Bob, Nurse Bob, Care-giver Bob, Phisical Therapist Bob, and last but not least, Chief cook and bottle washer Bob  LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on March 10, 2014, 07:08:31 AM
Howdy all. Thanks for the well wishes.

Gale's full left hip replacement surgery was on Feb. 28th. She's doing very well with her physical therapy and recovery. It's a slow process and can't be rushed. The typical recovery time is 8-12 weeks. She's slowly taking herself off the high power pain pills. She only took one yesterday. She'll see her doctor tomorrow. We'll see what he says.

Although it's nice to be off work for a couple weeks myself, I've found the care giving is a lot of work. I'm amazed at how tired I am at the end of the day. I haven't complained once. She's my Gale and I'm there for her like she was there for me with my many bouts with kidney stones. Now, it's my turn.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Regards-Bob

A.K.A. Captain Bob, Nurse Bob, Care-giver Bob, Phisical Therapist Bob, and last but not least, Chief cook and bottle washer Bob  LOL

LOL>>I can see breakfast now....'Hot creme of Frenzy'....lunch...'Teeny greeny' burgers'...Dinner.....'Baked #40 Alaska' .....dessert  'Pro Biotic pudding' served in pleco caves... ;D
Jon

b125killer

It's good to hear that Gale is healing up. Take good care of her Captain Bob. I hope she has a speedy recovery.
Scott

Ron Sower

Cap'n Bob.... I'm glad Gale's got you to take care of her. I live in a 55+ community, and there are a lot of the +'s in here - way, way +'s, and a lot of them no longer have their life partners. We look in on them a lot and see how tough it is to go through something like Gale is going through without a husband or wife.

I'm wishing her a successful and as speedy as possible recovery.  For her benefit, and yours!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron