• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 03:43:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 395
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 393
Total: 393

Hmm weather

Started by P4Angels2, March 08, 2014, 05:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels2

Well once again the weather is playing havoc on the fish and spawning!! We had 2 angel pairs decide to lay eggs yesterday afternoon...then last night our discus pair aka the babysitters of a bunch of Aron's grow outs laid eggs...thought for sure by this morning they would all be gone...but they surprised us and still have them yet this afternoon!!! fingers crossed they can hold out til the angels are out of the tank!!!

This afternoon of course we are in the middle of doing things and Aron's newest albino kids decided to show that there are at least 2 males and 2 females as the girls decided it was time to lay eggs at the same time!! Sadly they had been housed in a tank prior to coming to us with some silver dollars and other nasty finned kids so they are eating the eggs just as fast as they are being laid!!! Then we look down at a tank below them and sure enough a German blue angel didn't realize that she was going to need to have a male friend in order to fertilize the eggs!!! and was fighting against an algae eater, cories and other angels!!! So of course those didn't do anything but at least we now know another female!!!

Mugwump

Same here...seems like everybody's either on eggs, or cleaning..it all started late yesterday and today.....cool....spring/summer grow outs for the fall swap season.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Owl307

yep my pair is cleaning too, tubes dropping. I'm taking their spawn this time though because they keep eating them sooner than they did the last time!
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

EdKaz

Weather? THATS what going on? ???

And here I was thinking it was ME, doing something right for a change and a healthy dose of "Mugwumps House of Horny Angels" angelfish stock. ;)

John........Wound up with a second pair of Koi (out of those 5 fish). They laid yesterday. Going to leave that batch with them to see how/what they do.
The first pair of Koi laid last week and I have a couple hundred swimming their lil hearts out and eating brine shrimp like they MEAN IT.

The ghost pair is still tending to their wigglers......should be swimming tomorrow.

The Pinoy pair that laid last week ALSO laid again yesterday.....leaving them with mom and dad to see if they do a better job than I did with their first batch.

Still have a BUNCH of wigglers from The Blue smokey/pinnoy(?) pair that laid last week. They too should be up tomorrow....and the pair is cleaning the slate AGAIN....tubes down....likely will go sometime today from the looks of her. Debating HARD on whether to pull the next batch of theirs or let em have at it and see what happens.

Also have a pair of Koi I got from John that keep feverishly cleaning slates...2 days ago her tube was down and looked like she was ready to go.....Yesterday not so much, but kept cleaning the slates. Today cleaning the slates and her tube is down again looking like she is ready to go once again. ::) ??? ::)

All told in the past 2 weeks or so, Ive had 8 slates filled with eggs....2 of which as we discussed, Might have just been egg dumps the first few days in my tanks.......all while beatin on boards and nails running saws and drills  building and or rebuilding racks trying to get things set back up here.

Im AM curious to see what comes out of all these pairs.........but NOT ALL AT ONCE........Im TIRED :'(

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on March 09, 2014, 08:00:06 AM

And here I was thinking it was ME, doing something right for a change and a healthy dose of "Mugwumps House of Horny Angels" angelfish stock. ;)
{/quote]

LOL....thank you....LOL..I guess they are kinda friskee, huh?>...up here, we sitting on 4 slates of fry..blacks free swimming and Sunset/Koi fry to move again soon...they're spiking out nicely ;D..and 3-4 more pair cleaning....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: EdKaz on March 09, 2014, 08:00:06 AM
.....  "Mugwumps House of Horny Angels" .....

Should we consider changing the name of the website???  LOL   ::) ::) ::)

Dennis

EdKaz

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on March 09, 2014, 11:10:01 AM

;)

....Good grief....I go to get the car washed, and a new razor head and I return to the ...'What"..???????...LOL...so "ya wanna by some good pictures, mister?"  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Jon

EdKaz

Got good Marketing Potential ya know  ;)

OR 

Mugwump

I like the Blue one....very nice....and one like that in red/orange/yellow/green...pocket 'T's too... ;D

The 'horny' one...is really pretty sweet....I could wear that when helping pick up the g'kids at school....MMMmmm....hey, smaller sizes for them too...???....naw...I'd get smacked...LOL...Just think, we'd have the only 'R' rated table at the swaps too....huh?..huh? ;D

Jon

Mugwump

LOL...those T-shirt ideas are growing on me now....LOL... ;D....thanks. Ed.... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

If we had shirts like that available, would anybody be interested?....Ed says a shirt press is available  ;D....MMmm....I'm thinking 2 of each, if possible...Jan and me... ;D....it's not worth it without some interest tho....
Jon

Owl307

Quote from: Mugwump on March 09, 2014, 02:48:26 PM
If we had shirts like that available, would anybody be interested?....Ed says a shirt press is available  ;D....MMmm....I'm thinking 2 of each, if possible...Jan and me... ;D....it's not worth it without some interest tho....

id get the blue one :)
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on March 09, 2014, 03:31:41 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 09, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

id get the blue one :)

cool..... ;D...it's not like we need a lot of 50+....Ed just said that he had a press and could make up a batch, if we wanted...likely about $15, with shipping included in that...that way he'd get his upfront cost back, etc...anything extra would go to the forum fund... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm in for 3 but not if they're cheap crap T shirts.  I will pay more for top quality.  2 Ladies smalls and one for the biggest fattest man available, please.  I want something very large that I  can put on when I wake up in the morning.  It must be large enough to cover all my tender parts.
Always move forward. Never look back.