• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 05:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 339
Total: 340

Entertaining Day

Started by EdKaz, March 01, 2014, 08:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Been one of them days where NOTHING went as planned and the more I "worked" at getting things set up, the behinder I got. ::) :'(

To start the morning while carrying out a box of heaters, I tripped over a cord SOMEONE left laying in the middle of the floor. Had to take a break..... AFTER picking up 7-8 heaters worth of broken glass all over the floor. Good news is, some survived the oh $#iT! toss of the box as I was headed to the floor.

Next up was tank shooting fun....got out the nail gun to pop a few nails in a rack to sturdy it back up some....Just one more right here at the edge.....PUTTACCCK.
(note to self) them nails come outta that thing pretty damn FAST,HARD and go far....so DONT ever try to "just pop in a few nails" with fish tanks nearby.......they ARE NOT nail proof. :'( :'( :'(  Oh well That tank had a good scratch in it anyway.

Sit down with MORE COFFEE and while debating whether I should just go back to bed, I look over at a tank with this pair in it.

The female kept swimming from one side of the tank to the other cleaning slates at both ends of the tank.....the male just watched...like I did.

Here she is with "Mr Hard to get" in the background

Back to work....and a few more highlights of my day
Cutting a piece of hose with (of course) a brand new blade in my box cutter......I sprung a leak in one of my fingers.....thank God for crazy glue
And last but not least, Gave the ticker a good kick start when I plugged in a heater cord that was a lil wet.......I quit after THAT for the day...or so I thought.

The pair in the tank.......she started laying on one slate and kept going to the male as if to tell him GET YOUR AS OVER HERE. When that didnt work, she laid some more on the OTHER slate while the male looked on. Again she went to the male as if to tell him to get with it......he just swam off to the other side. ::)

Back and forth she went....laying a dozen or so eggs on one slate......than back to the other to lay another dozen or so. FINALLY Mr Hard to get got a  little more curious and swam over to one of the slates she was laying eggs on for a look.......than FINALLY started takin care of business.

I kinda like watching the whole production process of  Angelfish, and witnessed MANY, But I have never seen anything like this pair.  She done a decent job of filling up the one slate and it appears he FINALLY SEEMED to be doing his job and fertilized em. Than the BOTH of them swam over to the other slate where she laid one last pass.....and he swam up and down it a bunch of times....than started fanning.
Before I knew it, I had spent 2 hours or more sipping on a couple cups of coffee and watching this pair.

Figuring this pair was a few cards short of a full deck, I pulled the one slate with the majority of eggs, and left the other for them, to see what they would do. Here it is just two hours later and the slate I left with them is BARE......they ate up about 50 eggs >:(

I got the other 3-400 soaking in a 2 1/2 gal tank filled with RO water, laced with peroxide ........and my bloody fingers crossed. :D :D

Mugwump

Good grief.. ;D...I'm not holding nails for you pal.. ;D...I hate the old trip trick too...ouch...oh, I'm not holding any hose for you to cut either....LOL....as for the maniac pair...I've seen a male waiting for the female to make up her damn mind many a time....but these two take the cake (ya didn't get blood on your leftover cake did ya??)...and it sounds like a severe lack of coffee before handling chores ;D

It'll be better tomorrow, I'm sure.... ;D Geez Louise  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

What a hard day. I would of went back to bed. Your angels are pretty. Good luck with the spawn.
Scott

BallAquatics

Ed always remember "The One Hand Rule".....

QuoteFolks who work with big electricity for a living know this safety dictum, and that is; at any given moment, you don't have both hands touching sparky metal stuff at the same time. A veteran electrician may instinctively put his left hand in his pocket as he reaches with the right.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'm not the only one who has days where everything I touch turns to shit?  All these years I've felt so alone ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

QuoteI'm not the only one who has days where everything I touch turns to shit?  All these years I've felt so alone

Rest assured you are NOT alone in the everything going down the crappper club.

You have to admit, some.....or most of it...... is actually quite a bit funny........ AFTER youve had a chance to sit down, relax and reflect on it.

Those NOT in the club, have no idea of the GOOD laughs and adventures they're missing out on. ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on March 03, 2014, 07:50:30 AM
QuoteI'm not the only one who has days where everything I touch turns to shit?  All these years I've felt so alone

Rest assured you are NOT alone in the everything going down the crappper club.

You have to admit, some.....or most of it...... is actually quite a bit funny........ AFTER youve had a chance to sit down, relax and reflect on it.

Those NOT in the club, have no idea of the GOOD laughs and adventures they're missing out on. ;)

I've been in the club so long...I have flashbacks.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Most definitely...  minor failures are but bumps in the road on the way to a successful conclusion.  A bit of adversity adds to the sweetness when you do finally succeed.  If you stop and think about it, if all of our adventures were easy, we would soon be bored to tears!  ;)

Dennis

EdKaz

QuoteI've been in the club so long...I have flashbacks...

LOL!  :)

QuoteIf you stop and think about it, if all of our adventures were easy, we would soon be bored to tears!

ABSOLUTELY!

Took a while, but I learned to laugh at myself............A LOT ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 03, 2014, 10:34:15 AM
Most definitely...  minor failures are but bumps in the road on the way to a successful conclusion.  A bit of adversity adds to the sweetness when you do finally succeed.  If you stop and think about it, if all of our adventures were easy, we would soon be bored to tears!  ;)

Dennis

Yes sireee..... ;D....
Jon

PaulineMi

What a day!  Now that you are admitting to finding humor in it I can admit that I too chuckled when I read about all of that happening in one day. 

I've learned to keep my hands out of the tanks when barefoot on the cement floor and to keep a watchful eye on any kind of running water. Multi-tasking can create issues that require backing up and cleaning a mess.

Experience....the teacher most of the time.  Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

EdKaz

"Now that you are admitting to finding humor in it I can admit that I too chuckled when I read about all of that happening in one day"

Chuckle?

Hell........ LAUGH away. Thats why I posted my misadventures here. :) :)

Im sure there will be more along the way, but My better and more elaborate screw ups, will likely remain a lil more "secret" ;)

Frank The Plumber

i belong to the union for the club for when everything turns to poop. its very common.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Barb

Yep, I belong to that club too!  My "incidents" usually involve hurting myself.  But being a long time fishkeeper I have many many incidents I try to forget or at least laugh at later on. All part of life isn't it?
Barb