• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 01:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 395
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

When was the last time====>

Started by Mugwump, February 27, 2014, 05:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....you re-arranged your fish room?..........why? ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EverythingAquatic

Never had a dedicated area to call a fish room.  So, to answer your questions, never!

Mugwump

So far, here we've just added where we saved some space...but It's not quite the set up that we want. The breeder tanks need to be top level and grow outs on the bottom.....I think I know an easy way to swap things around, but it needs some tweaking.....and at the same time, I'll change out most the air line, and reconfigure the outlets.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: EverythingAquatic on February 27, 2014, 05:51:27 PM
Never had a dedicated area to call a fish room.  So, to answer your questions, never!

LOL....when you do set one up...think long and hard about it  ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

It doesn't matter how long you think of it before hand.  A fish room is always a work in progress.

Mug, while you're at it, hard plump the water to your tanks.  You're right about breeders on an upper rack.  It's a necessity with Discus and I'm sure matters for Angels, too.

I've changed a few things in my present one but it's basically what I had in mind from the get go.  I decided against moving my desk and computer and decided on a double rack with a 75 on the bottom and 29's on the top.  My dream was realized when I figured out how to move the living room sofa to the fish room without leaving the livingroom looking naked.

My last fish room was built by a first class carpenter I went to live with.  He built it using measurements I gave him over the phone and he did it perfectly.  Nothing sagged or needed fixing.  I changed it in a big way once when we figured out that I could use the back porch as a breeding room.  It made the main fish room a better place to chill and enjoy watching fish. 

My first fish room was in my house.  All I did was add more rooms full of tanks.  It was Ms. Frankenstein's home made plumbing, but it sure did work well.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I have most the pair tanks upside...but a few add-ons were put in the lower rack shelves....it was a space....LOL....I do need to plumb the refill water to each tank tho...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on February 27, 2014, 06:53:06 PM
....I do need to plumb the refill water to each tank tho...

Do it.  You will thank yourself for the rest of your life.  I wish I could be there to help you with it.  I enjoy that kind of plumbing, 

PaulineMi

While I'm not a breeder like the rest of you I seem to rearrange my fishroom quite often. Seems I move things around every other year. I've had various species of fish so the tank sizes and decor were set up to accomodate them. Now that I'm pretty sure I've settled on angels, discus and my "little fish"  the rearranging I'm doing now may be the permanent set up......... ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 27, 2014, 08:06:05 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 27, 2014, 06:53:06 PM
....I do need to plumb the refill water to each tank tho...

Do it.  You will thank yourself for the rest of your life.  I wish I could be there to help you with it.  I enjoy that kind of plumbing,

What size PVC does everyone use for the refill piping?....1"ID...3/4"ID..??
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

b125killer

I haven't re-arranged the fish room yet. I want to build a rack for the breeders. I'm just not to sure where I'm going to put it. I'm also looking for a big cheap tank. I will need to find something bigger for the clown loaches one of these days.
Scott

EverythingAquatic

Quote from: Mugwump on February 27, 2014, 05:57:47 PM
Quote from: EverythingAquatic on February 27, 2014, 05:51:27 PM

LOL....when you do set one up...think long and hard about it  ;D ;D

Thanks for the warning :)  My daughter moved out around Christmas and have an empty room.  Hmmm, I think it's time to start a fish room.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 27, 2014, 05:29:35 PM

Not sure when it's going to happen, but I'm moving my racks from east/west to north/south with the main walk-way on the north wall and the racks butted up against the south wall.  I'm also seriously considering adding a green house addition where the garage door is now.  An attached green house would make it very nice to pursue my aquaponics ambitions.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 01, 2014, 08:49:38 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 27, 2014, 05:29:35 PM

Not sure when it's going to happen, but I'm moving my racks from east/west to north/south with the main walk-way on the north wall and the racks butted up against the south wall.  I'm also seriously considering adding a green house addition where the garage door is now.  An attached green house would make it very nice to pursue my aquaponics ambitions.

Dennis

I wish we had a rear door to our garage....I'd consider the same thing...we have a concrete patio slab there that could serve as a foundation for a fish room expansion...or just move it there...???
Jon