• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 05:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 337
Total: 338

Cubs fan saddest day

Started by P4Angels, February 18, 2014, 02:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

On this day in 1998, legendary Cubs broadcaster Harry Caray passed away. Share with us your favorite memory or story of Harry throughout the years. We miss you, Harry!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Good old Harry, couldn't pronounce some players names to save himself..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

I thought you were going to say Pitchers and Catchers report.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on February 18, 2014, 05:27:12 PM

sheesh................... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on February 18, 2014, 06:19:28 PM
Quote from: sschind on February 18, 2014, 05:27:12 PM

sheesh................... :o

I actually have a lot of respect for die hard Cubs fans.  They are a crazy bunch but loyal to the core, in a masochistic sort of way.  Of course when it comes to baseball I don't have a leg to stand on.  You Cubs fans can throw it all right back into my face and there isn't any smart ass comment I can come back with.  Especially with Lyin Braun on my team.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

ilroost

Being a die hard cardinal fan, there is nothing good to say!! Just kidding, i loved it when it got to around the 7th inning, you could tell o'Harry had a few buds lol