• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 12:08:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 602
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 597
Total: 597

Oh Joy

Started by LizStreithorst, May 21, 2015, 08:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Another 100 gallon failed.  This one's leaking along the bottom.  That's 2 100 gallon tanks I have out of commission.  I am in desperate of at least one and preferably two big strong men to help me take them off the top rack so I can rebuild them.  I can't to it myself.  At least I saw it before I went to bed and was able to remove all the fish and get the tank drained.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

That stinks....you can't spot the section leaking, and repair in place??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's along the bottom front edge.  I guess I should try just slapping a layer of silicone along that edge first, although that seems like kind of a poor fix.  If it doesn't work I'm supposed to have some carpenters coming soon.  Carpenters are big strong men.   They've been supposed to be coming soon for the past 6 weeks.  I'll call the guy and nag him again today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 22, 2015, 07:09:41 AM
It's along the bottom front edge.  I guess I should try just slapping a layer of silicone along that edge first, although that seems like kind of a poor fix.  If it doesn't work I'm supposed to have some carpenters coming soon.  Carpenters are big strong men.   They've been supposed to be coming soon for the past 6 weeks.  I'll call the guy and nag him again today.

Sure, you can just cut out the bad with a single edge razor, and re-caulk, pressing in the new to blend over where it meets the existing....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson