• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 11:57:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100

very tough decision..

Started by DylanJkfish, March 17, 2014, 11:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DylanJkfish

Well with me being a senior next year and college rapidly approaching I have begun to think about tearing down my breeding "set up"... the final decision is still up in the air right now but I just do not have nearly as much time as I would like to put into them. I will still be keeping my pair and some other angels I have in a 55 gallon community tank!
I've been wanting snakes for many years now and hopefully my parent will let me get this pair of ball pythons. Maybe I can get a clutch or two from them.
Female is 100% het anthaxic
Male is 100% het pied
Together they would eventually make one of my favorite balls!

P4Angels

I would stick to angelfish myself...  Angelfish wont get out of the tanks and try and eat me in my sleep... lol hard thing to decide good luck ..
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

DylanJkfish

Haha I just have the huge facination with snakes. I've been trying to get one since 6th grade atleast

BallAquatics

Baby snakes are the coolest!  They feel like velvet ropes sliding between your fingers.  It's been quite a few years since I've kept any reptiles.  When I get the urge I just go out back and scare one up these days.  Found a blue racer last summer that was mean, as mean as a sna.......  never mind.    ;)

Dennis

PaulineMi

I think snakes are beautiful.  The person who built my tank stand had a baby snake of some kind, an albino something.  I agree with Dennis.  Holding it was such a neat experience. They don't have the feeling of muscular movement that adults have.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Learning how they move using their musculature and belly scutes was fascinating for me. They are remarkable animals. Never had the desire to keep them, though.  I did catch a diamondback rattler once! Used it for demonstration in one of my lab classes!!!  Mother-in-law was a little upset when I left it in a gunny-sack in her refrigerator and forgot about him and left him there over night.  I'd had him there to show it to them.,,,and you know how they go dormant in the cold. When they called to let me know of my transgression, I told them to just leave it alone and there'd be no problem and I'd get him the next day. 

Interesting...This was early marriage to my first wife and I never had any problems with the in-laws after that!!!

You just never know what kind of revenge a biologist can perpetrate on an enemy!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

DylanJkfish

I currently have 2 bearded dragons and 2 geckos. I prefer snakes over both haha

They are absolutely beautiful creatures and can be soo sweet. They just seem to get a bad rep from people. They are a joy to watch amd hold. My science teacher has an albino corn snake and he's a sweet heart, loves to wander the room haha.

ghonk

Some of the color Morphs are beautiful,but i would never trust one.
Saw a Retic and a Redtail both bite and wouldn't let go,both about 6 footers,that cured me of ever wanting one again.

LizStreithorst

That was a good story, Ron ;D ;D ;D

Dyaln, my advice is to not sell your tanks unless you have no choice.  You might want them in the future.  Between now and then, follow your heart.  If you want snakes, breed snakes.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

PM Steve Schindler, here on the forum....he has access to many of the smaller species too...I think it was the banded corn snake, albinos, and others that he had a swaps....pretty little things, priced reasonable too.....Steve knows them well ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: DylanJkfish on March 17, 2014, 02:56:50 PM
.....an albino corn snake and he's a sweet heart, loves to wander the room haha.

At our previous home my office was in the basement.  My 4 foot iguana Murphy had the run of the room, but would spend most of his time sitting on one of the computer monitors watching me work.

One night while working late, I was eating an apple and pondering a programming problem when Murphy jumped from his bookcase sleeping area onto my back.  Scared the life out of me, not to mention he had claws like Freddy Krueger.....

Any time I would forget to close the office door, he would go over to the laundry room and hang on the dryer vent and terrorize my wife.

Dennis

Mugwump

'''on your back???"....LOL..that'll snap ya to reality quick... ;D...did he get the apple? ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 17, 2014, 04:49:05 PM
...did he get the apple? ;D

As I recall neither of us did in the end.  I was so startled, that he in turn was startled by my reaction, and we all flew off in different directions, Murphy, myself, and the apple.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 17, 2014, 04:57:01 PM

As I recall neither of us did in the end.  I was so startled, that he in turn was startled by my reaction, and we all flew off in different directions, Murphy, myself, and the apple.

Dennis

Lol... ;D ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 17, 2014, 04:57:01 PM

Dennis

LOL...kinda like having the demons ambush your ankles when you're pouring coffee, eh??...everything flies in it's own direction too.... ;D ...I can sympathize Dennis.....
Jon