• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 02:55:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 815
Total: 815

H O T Mag's

Started by Mugwump, September 25, 2015, 07:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...anybody run across some good deals on these lately??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2015, 07:15:03 AM
...anybody run across some good deals on these lately??

I got a couple from Pet Supplies Plus a few months back. They were the cheapest around at the time and I got free shipping. Of course free shipping also means slow shipping.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Pet Solutions has 20% off everything today only.  They have the cartridges but not the entire filter.  Normal price on the cartridges is $8.36.  free shipping on orders of $75. or more.  Use promo code 9256-906-702-748
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Thanks, folks.....I'll check 'em out.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I just got ordering 12 of them.  They have them in bulk for even less.  With the 20% off it came to $85. shipping included ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 25, 2015, 03:02:57 PM
I just got ordering 12 of them.  They have them in bulk for even less.  With the 20% off it came to $85. shipping included ;D

I was getting the cartridges from Big Al's for $6-7 each...but their prices rocketed to about $9 each now....

I'm looking for a few of the HOT mags themselves too....so I'll check 'Pet Supplies Plus' like Willie suggested....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2015, 03:12:28 PM

I was getting the cartridges from Big Al's for $6-7 each...but their prices rocketed to about $9 each now....

I'm looking for a few of the HOT mags themselves too....so I'll check 'Pet Supplies Plus' like Willie suggested....

I know both of you have more tanks than me but how often do you guys need to replace your cartridges?
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 25, 2015, 04:14:38 PM

I know both of you have more tanks than me but how often do you guys need to replace your cartridges?

Jon I meant Pet Mountain not Pet supplies Plus.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 25, 2015, 04:17:46 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 25, 2015, 04:14:38 PM

Jon I meant Pet Mountain not Pet supplies Plus.

..okie dokie.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Having trouble finding this. Even Pet Mountain did not have any. One site said discontinued. I hope not. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 26, 2015, 08:29:31 AM
Having trouble finding this. Even Pet Mountain did not have any. One site said discontinued. I hope not. huh

It is kind of weird....I'm assuming that the site, itself, discontinued carrying them....because they are still being made...

The prices have gotten higher too.....I think those units must be the new 'pro' units with a bio-wheel, etc.....??  I'm reading that they also changed the impeller design and it's become a problem......sad, they take a very good product, put add-ons to it, mess with the impeller....all to add cost to the unit and make you buy more parts.....jerks.....

I'll keep looking for older ones and rebuild them....'Big Al's' has all the parts... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 26, 2015, 09:02:24 AM

It is kind of weird....I'm assuming that the site, itself, discontinued carrying them....because they are still being made...

The prices have gotten higher too.....I think those units must be the new 'pro' units with a bio-wheel, etc.....??  I'm reading that they also changed the impeller design and it's become a problem......sad, they take a very good product, put add-ons to it, mess with the impeller....all to add cost to the unit and make you buy more parts.....jerks.....

I'll keep looking for older ones and rebuild them....'Big Al's' has all the parts... |^|

I got a bunch of parts directly from Marineland a couple of months ago. Can't have enough spare parts. |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 26, 2015, 09:04:53 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 26, 2015, 09:02:24 AM

I got a bunch of parts directly from Marineland a couple of months ago. Can't have enough spare parts. |^|

A thin coat of just Vaseline on the gaskets, rings, works wonders for longevity too.... |^|
Jon

ilroost

Jon I have a few odds and ends parts of hot mags. They are yours if you want them