• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:41:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 552
Total: 552

Ordered heaters

Started by Mugwump, May 30, 2014, 07:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

My favorites are the old glass Aqueon heaters.

For my money, the Aqueons have been the most accurate, reliable, and durable heaters that I've ever purchased.  Plus,  Aqueon heaters are guaranteed for life.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Those are the ones I've decided to buy when the time comes.  I'm ready to be disappointed with them, too.  I yearn for a come-back of the old green Ebo's.  It appears that it will never happen.  They could be made to the old specs but they won't do it.  The manufacturers want them to fail so we'll have to buy more.  Pisses me off.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Heaters, and large 3 mil bags arrived....only got 50 lg bags, box still weighed over 13 lbs.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What ml bags do you guys use for shipping Angels.  We use 3 MM bags and double or triple bag depending on the maturity of the fish. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2014, 06:31:14 PM
What ml bags do you guys use for shipping Angels.  We use 3 MM bags and double or triple bag depending on the maturity of the fish.

I normally use 2 mil 10 X 18 bags....double/triple inverted...large pairs 3 mil for sure, my fish are spunky  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I'm on another grand search for heaters. I have two in the 155G the brand and watts don't match, and my OCD won't allow that.
Plus one is the aquatop from the water barrel that I don't trust. I do like the digital read out so I was looking for a different one. I found this one on ebay. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on them.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=190593778393&alt=web
Scott

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 30, 2014, 08:01:48 AM
..the ambient tank temp in the fish room is in the 70's.....BN's and cory's like it cooler anyway, as do the Danios....Angels do fine in the mid 70's too....it's the angel pairs that like the 80-82 deg temps for spawning, and the fry, of course.....I do like to keep the angel tanks at 80 tho...better appetite and growth...

It is 78 to 82 degrees in my fish room.   In addition to the 2 40's and 1 20 gallon that have heaters, I have 2 29's and 2 20's that don't have heaters. I want to put hb pairs in these tanks but haven't due my dirth of smaller heaters.  I need to photograph pairs doing their thing so I can sell them as pairs.  I can get away with it this time of year!  Don't know why it didn't occur to me until now ???   I guess it's because the tanks are all hard plumbed for incoming water and I set the water storage container at 82 for the Discus.  But I do have an unused 55 gallon drum that I can fill with unheated aerated tap  that I can use for their WC.  I have a puny little 24 watt Mag Drive pump that I can use to transfer water.  All I need to buy is 26' of clear plastic tubing.