• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:55:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

Ordered heaters

Started by Mugwump, May 30, 2014, 07:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..........I ordered a bunch of heaters ...should be here Monday. I'll begin swapping out all of them over time.....some heated aquarium's on the Mayflower... ;D ...I mean there's still some of the old green Jaeger's down there....he he  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Since the weather has warmed, I've been turning off the few that I have running..... all but the Zebra plecos.

Dennis

Mugwump

...I've had to adjust a few myself....and yep, even turned some off..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I've turned most of mine down.  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..the ambient tank temp in the fish room is in the 70's.....BN's and cory's like it cooler anyway, as do the Danios....Angels do fine in the mid 70's too....it's the angel pairs that like the 80-82 deg temps for spawning, and the fry, of course.....I do like to keep the angel tanks at 80 tho...better appetite and growth...
Jon

EdKaz

The Jehmco mid grades  or are ya trying something different?

Sarge picked me up two heaters a few weeks ago at the fish store "because they were cheap" .....AQUATOP branded........

All three have temp swings of 10-15 degrees or MORE. One has two settings it seems.......71-72 or 96 ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on May 30, 2014, 04:30:06 PM
The Jehmco mid grades  or are ya trying something different?

Sarge picked me up two heaters a few weeks ago at the fish store "because they were cheap" .....AQUATOP branded........

All three have temp swings of 10-15 degrees or MORE. One has two settings it seems.......71-72 or 96 ::)

Jehmco mid-grade......the only way to go..the last batch are out living the others picked up here and there...........
Jon

b125killer

Watch out for them Aquatop heaters Ed. I had two go out on me. One was in a tank with fry. Luckily I seen it before it did too much damage. I lost a few plecos and a couple angels.  The other was used for water storage. The fish store I got them from stopped carring. They told me they had a lot of bad ones come back. I'm switching all mine to Aqueon.  At least they have a lifetime warranty when they go out.
Scott

LizStreithorst

I need heaters in the worst way.  I keep putting it off because I always spend a bundle and they always fail.  It doesn't matter if I buy the most or least expensive.  I'm afraid to look for the 150 watt I need for the baby Angels that will be shipped to me Monday.  I'm going to have to drive into Hattiesburg to the pet store and pay retail for one.

If all goes well with my new test fish, I'll suck it up and spend a bundle on heaters with joy in my heart!  The problem is to figure out which brand  might fail less soon after purchase. 

Mug, I know that the green Ebo's are ancient, but I'd like to buy any that you have. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

QuoteWatch out for them Aquatop heaters Ed.

Im lucky I stuck the two she bought me  in empty tanks to try to get the temp set where I wanted them.........they both now reside in the city dump :( >:( >:(

EdKaz

Quotethe green Ebo's are ancient

I had some of them I let go with some tanks I sold.......been kicking myself ever since, them things worked GREAT!

Mugwump

Alas, those green Jaegars are destined ti die, if ever, right where they are..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 31, 2014, 09:03:17 PM
Alas, those green Jaegars are destined ti die, if ever, right where they are..... ;D

Bet you a nickle they'll out live both of us ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I know I might be opening a can of worms but what is the best heaters out there.  I haven't found one that I truly love yet. I'm just settling with Aqueon for now. I'm with Liz it just doesn't seem to matter what I get. They all seem to suck.
Scott

ilroost

Liz i like the fluvals, they seem to work fine for me. But i agree it seems like all heaters are junk. Aquatop i have never tried, but had a aquatop cannister filter and it was junk.