• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:58:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 636
Total: 636

Saturday's coffee ===>>

Started by Mugwump, March 05, 2016, 06:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

,,,snowed last night, but the coffee's good this morn'n....about to start Pot #2...

..heading for maybe 40 today?..50's for the swap tomorrow, the warmer all next week with rain, etc....springs getting closer.. ;D

..on tap today?...swap prep...check the tanks, sort the fish, get the Tahoe ready and load the 'dolly' and tanks/supplies....then chill for the rest of the day..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great this morning. It's cold out but not windy. It will be in the 70s later this week so maybe Winter is on the way out. We will have a little bit of precip before then Probably that stuff that's exiting the Chicago area.

Lots to do today too. WCs, move the Atums back into the 55 (they seem to like that 20 tho. huh) finally cook that brisket. I guess I'll be in the basement most of the day. Good thing I set up a desktop down there. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2016, 06:59:04 AM
Coffee is great this morning. It's cold out but not windy. It will be in the 70s later this week so maybe Winter is on the way out. We will have a little bit of precip before then Probably that stuff that's exiting the Chicago area.

Lots to do today too. WCs, move the Atums back into the 55 (they seem to like that 20 tho. huh) finally cook that brisket. I guess I'll be in the basement most of the day. Good thing I set up a desktop down there. |^|

..how big are the Altums now?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2016, 07:11:01 AM

They are about a 1/2 dollar size.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2016, 07:17:37 AM

...cool, I'll bet they are liking the close proximity for the moment....but the 55 will be better for them.....got any potted plants, etc in the 55 ?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2016, 07:29:49 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2016, 07:17:37 AM

...cool, I'll bet they are liking the close proximity for the moment....but the 55 will be better for them.....got any potted plants, etc in the 55 ?

I was still in the process of setting things up for them. I had sand, really nice driftwood and my psuedo pair of L144s in there with them.

I got one of the L144s (male) out right now but the other is in a hole in a big piece of driftwood and refuses to leave.

I want to move them somewhere else because they are making a huge mess in there. The more driftwood they eat the more poop they make and it is a PITA to remove from a sandy bottom. huh
Willie

Mugwump

....it's a dank,cold, misty, miserable day today...but the errands are done now.... ;D

..now to finish up the swap prep.... |^|

Jon

wsantia1

Started my regular WCs. Things looking good even though I am a day late. Have my brisket marinating in red wine and other seasonings. Probably too late to cook it today. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2016, 12:05:30 PM
Started my regular WCs. Things looking good even though I am a day late. Have my brisket marinating in red wine and other seasonings. Probably too late to cook it today. huh

It'll be even better tomorrow....make Liz groan, go have a Big Mac...LOLOLOLOLOLOL.... w!w
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2016, 12:10:33 PM

It'll be even better tomorrow....make Liz groan, go have a Big Mac...LOLOLOLOLOLOL.... w!w

A Big Mac will keep him alive until tomorrow.  Let the Brisket marinate overnight.  Like Mug said, it will be better and then you can feast.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 05, 2016, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2016, 12:10:33 PM

A Big Mac will keep him alive until tomorrow.  Let the Brisket marinate overnight.  Like Mug said, it will be better and then you can feast.

No Big Mac necessay. I have leftover fried chicken and half of a chicken cutlet Parmesan sub. in the fridge. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Well, except for catching, bagging, loading buckets up with fry....I think we're about ready... huh

....now some chow and chill'n, etc.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2016, 04:20:08 PM
Well, except for catching, bagging, loading buckets up with fry....I think we're about ready... huh

Hmmm... catching and bagging. That's always the hardest part for me. lol

I'm finished too. The fry tanks are taking up most of my time now. Those tanks and this one tank that always looks like crap. It is a 55 with 6 Angels but it never stays clean. It's got a brown algae issue.

I will dump a few more near adult BNs in there tomorrow. wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 05, 2016, 06:25:14 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2016, 04:20:08 PM

Hmmm... catching and bagging. That's always the hardest part for me. lol

I'm finished too. The fry tanks are taking up most of my time now. Those tanks and this one tank that always looks like crap. It is a 55 with 6 Angels but it never stays clean. It's got a brown algae issue.

I will dump a few more near adult BNs in there tomorrow. wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

I'm not sure that the BN's will help much with the brown algae....some of mine keep in check, other...not so much....
I'd try reducing the photo period....and/or changing the lamp brightness.....??
Jon