• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:54:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 756
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 750
Total: 750

Chicks

Started by LizStreithorst, April 05, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They arrived a day early.  Big Head thinks that they're his.  He is fascinated by them.  He hasn't left that spot in front of the cage since before work this morning.  He growls all the other dogs away when the get close.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..bless his heart.....now he's on a mission  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I can't believe how fast these little things have grown in just 5 days.  It won't be much longer before they outgrow my huge dog cage!

They are all healthy.  They eat, drink,sleep, and grow.  But today I saw something I didn't expect.  I heard loud peeping for such a long time that I figured it had to be a chick in distress.  I looked, and they were playing a game.  One of them found a prize of some kind.  I could tell that it was something  the size of a wood shaving but with a blue tint.  They were playing keep-away.  They were so involved in their game that they even ignored me when I opened the cage, stuck in my big head so I could watch them play their game.! This is good.  They no longer think of me as a threat.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 10, 2017, 05:21:36 PM
I can't believe how fast these little things have grown in just 5 days.  It won't be much longer before they outgrow my huge dog cage!

They are all healthy.  They eat, drink,sleep, and grow.  But today I saw something I didn't expect.  I heard loud peeping for such a long time that I figured it had to be a chick in distress.  I looked, and they were playing a game.  One of them found a prize of some kind.  I could tell that it was something  the size of a wood shaving but with a blue tint.  They were playing keep-away.  They were so involved in their game that they even ignored me when I opened the cage, stuck in my big head so I could watch them play their game.! This is good.  They no longer think of me as a threat.

....I like to watch animals play....I took Abby out to a friends farm, and he had a bunch of young calves.......they played run up and down the fence with Abby....even touched noses with her....it was hysterical......who'd a thought it... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson