• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 04:19:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 550
Total: 550

Happy Easter folks....

Started by Mugwump, April 20, 2014, 07:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...never quite understood how we went from a Christian day of celebration, to hunting colored eggs and eating marshmallow animals, given to us by a giant bunny....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

BallAquatics

Happy Easter folks!  In celebration I'm re-visiting Richard Dawkins 2006 best selling book on tape while doing IT work today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 20, 2014, 09:30:41 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on April 20, 2014, 08:17:52 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion

Dennis
Interesting!

yes....a good read....he quotes/mentions Douglas Adams too..."Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams.    ......who oddly enough has a daughter named Polly Jane Rocket......now that's amusing... ;D
Jon

b125killer

Scott

P4Angels

Happy Easter to all and to all a good night  :D
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

EdKaz

Happy (way  late in the day) Easter to everyone.
Spent this beautiful day with the kids and grandkids,  and had a BALL

Quotenever quite understood how we went from a Christian day of celebration, to hunting colored eggs and eating marshmallow animals, given to us by a giant bunny

Me neither.......but if it works to bring families together for lots of love and laughter...........BRING ON MORE
BUNNIES AND CHOCOLATE!!!!!! :)

Ron Sower

Quote from: EdKaz on April 20, 2014, 10:32:01 PM
.......but if it works to bring families together for lots of love and laughter...........BRING ON MORE
BUNNIES AND CHOCOLATE!!!!!! :)
BINGO...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Boy this thread took some interesting turns.... :D

I spent Easter in bed....have been down and out for a solid week with some bug. Lungs, ears, sinuses, coughing, aching, dizzy, hot then cold.  And all I can think about is I need to do water changes. 

Oh...and I love that a Richard Dawson/Sheldon Cooper exchange was part of a "Big Bang Theory" show.  ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Well I hope that you're feeling better, Pauline... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Yuck, Pauline! Lot's of JD with lemon peels!  Get better soon!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Thank you both. Doc said I have a bacterial pneumonia...treatable at home with antibiotics.

Ron, the JD with lemon peels....hmmm.  ::) That would have been an attractive option had I not been prescribed a cough syrup with codiene.  Doc said it'll be lights out when I take it.  Sounds like a JD mode of action to me. Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)